Return a custom error message from the repository

Return a custom error message from the repository

Steve Abrams
Hello,

I'm working on the GitLab maven repository and was trying to find out if
there is a way to attach a custom error message (or any custom message in
general) to the response so when a command like "mvn deploy" fails due to
an error in the remote repository, the user can see some sort of helpful
message. (GitLab issue for context:
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/241788)

Thank you!

*Steve Abrams* | Backend Engineer - Package
[hidden email] <[hidden email]> | @s
<https://www.gitlab.com/yourgitlabhandle>abrams
Time zone: MT

Re: Return a custom error message from the repository

Hervé BOUTEMY
Hello,

Maven uses HTTP ReasonPhrase: see MNG-6584 [1]

Notice that ReasonPhrase support has been removed in HTTP/2, then we should
define a new strategy: waiting for contributors from different horizons to be
interested in working on that to define (and this time properly document) a new
strategy that will have to be implemented by webservers serving content in
Maven2 repository format

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6584