Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2

Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2

Dan Tran
Hi

Can we have a new release for this plugin? I am anxious to pick up
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-648

-D

Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2

stephenconnolly
hervé has been making some tweak today (as have i)

if nobody steps up, i should be able to kick off a release on Monday. won't
have the bandwidth before then, and there are a couple of critical issues in
jira... be good to do a bug scrub first.

Dan, if you can review the open critical issues and feed back your feeling
on which can be downgraded i'll drive the release. Deal?

- Stephen

---
screen
On 24 Jun 2011 16:42, "Dan Tran" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can we have a new release for this plugin? I am anxious to pick up
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-648
>
> -D

Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2

Dan Tran
Why not just cut with what we currently have? :-)  I will do my best to review

-D

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Stephen Connolly
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> hervé has been making some tweak today (as have i)
>
> if nobody steps up, i should be able to kick off a release on Monday. won't
> have the bandwidth before then, and there are a couple of critical issues in
> jira... be good to do a bug scrub first.
>
> Dan, if you can review the open critical issues and feed back your feeling
> on which can be downgraded i'll drive the release. Deal?
>
> - Stephen
>
> ---
> Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling mistakes, random nonsense
> words and other nonsense are a direct result of using swype to type on the
> screen
> On 24 Jun 2011 16:42, "Dan Tran" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Can we have a new release for this plugin? I am anxious to pick up
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-648
>>
>> -D

Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2

Mark Struberg
Hi!

If you'd give me a day (after fixing the broken tests), then I'd like to resolve the problem that a release from a sparse directory in GIT doesn't work if localCheckout is used.

The reason is pretty simple: I currently construct the local checkout url as file:// + releaseDescriptor.getWorkingDirectory().

Guess we need to put the 'base directory' of the SCM repository ReleaseDescriptor somehow.

Of course, that's not really a blocker issue because by not using localCheckout all things work fine.

LieGrue,
strub

> currently have? :-)  I will do my best to review
>
> -D
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Stephen Connolly
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > hervé has been making some tweak today (as have i)
> >
> > if nobody steps up, i should be able to kick off a
> release on Monday. won't
> > have the bandwidth before then, and there are a couple
> of critical issues in
> > jira... be good to do a bug scrub first.
> >
> > Dan, if you can review the open critical issues and
> feed back your feeling
> > on which can be downgraded i'll drive the release.
> Deal?
> >
> > - Stephen
> >
> > ---
> > Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling
> mistakes, random nonsense
> > words and other nonsense are a direct result of using
> swype to type on the
> > screen
> > On 24 Jun 2011 16:42, "Dan Tran" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Can we have a new release for this plugin? I am
> anxious to pick up
> >> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-648
> >>
> >> -D

Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2

stephenconnolly
i can give you until noon gmt+1 Tuesday... at that point i need to cut
something

- Stephen

---
screen
On 25 Jun 2011 11:32, "Mark Struberg" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If you'd give me a day (after fixing the broken tests), then I'd like to
resolve the problem that a release from a sparse directory in GIT doesn't
work if localCheckout is used.

> The reason is pretty simple: I currently construct the local checkout url
as file:// + releaseDescriptor.getWorkingDirectory().

> Guess we need to put the 'base directory' of the SCM repository
ReleaseDescriptor somehow.

> Of course, that's not really a blocker issue because by not using
localCheckout all things work fine.

> LieGrue,
> strub

kk I'll do it this evening. But first someone needs to fix the broken unit tests (mockReleaseManager missing) ;) Someone working on that already?

LieGrue,
strub

> Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling mistakes,
> random nonsense
> words and other nonsense are a direct result of using swype
> to type on the
> screen
> On 25 Jun 2011 11:32, "Mark Struberg" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > If you'd give me a day (after fixing the broken
> tests), then I'd like to
> resolve the problem that a release from a sparse directory
> in GIT doesn't
> work if localCheckout is used.
> >
> > The reason is pretty simple: I currently construct the
> local checkout url
> as file:// + releaseDescriptor.getWorkingDirectory().
> >
> > Guess we need to put the 'base directory' of the SCM
> repository
> ReleaseDescriptor somehow.
> >
> > Of course, that's not really a blocker issue because
> by not using
> localCheckout all things work fine.
> >
> > LieGrue,
> > strub
> >
> > --- On Sat, 6/25/11, Dan Tran <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> From: Dan Tran <[hidden email]>
> >> Subject: Re: Request to release
> maven-release-plugin 2.2
> >> To: "Maven Developers List" <[hidden email]>
> >> Date: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 3:32 AM
> >> Why not just cut with what we
> >> currently have? :-)  I will do my best to
> review
> >>
> >> -D
> >>
> >> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Stephen Connolly
> >> <[hidden email]>
> have i)

> off a
> >> release on Monday. won't
> a couple
> >> of critical issues in

> issues and
> >> feed back your feeling
> release.
> >> Deal?

> spelling
> >> mistakes, random nonsense
> of using
> >> swype to type on the

> plugin? I am
> >> anxious to pick up

Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2

Hervé BOUTEMY
(saw your call on IRC just a few minutes after you leave...)

if someone explains me what is this mock about, I'm happy to learn and help
but for the moment, I don't understand what has to be done

wrote:

> > From: Stephen Connolly <[hidden email]>
> > Subject: Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2
> > To: "Maven Developers List" <[hidden email]>
> > Date: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 11:37 AM
> > i can give you until noon gmt+1
> > Tuesday... at that point i need to cut
> > something
> >
> > - Stephen
> >
> > ---
> > Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling mistakes,
> > random nonsense
> > words and other nonsense are a direct result of using swype
> > to type on the
> > screen
> > On 25 Jun 2011 11:32, "Mark Struberg" <[hidden email]>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > If you'd give me a day (after fixing the broken
> >
> > tests), then I'd like to
> > resolve the problem that a release from a sparse directory
> > in GIT doesn't
> > work if localCheckout is used.
> >
> > > The reason is pretty simple: I currently construct the
> >
> > local checkout url
> > as file:// + releaseDescriptor.getWorkingDirectory().
> >
> > > Guess we need to put the 'base directory' of the SCM
> >
> > repository
> > ReleaseDescriptor somehow.
> >
> > > Of course, that's not really a blocker issue because
> >
> > by not using
> > localCheckout all things work fine.
> >
> > > LieGrue,
> > > strub
> > >
> > > --- On Sat, 6/25/11, Dan Tran <[hidden email]>

> > maven-release-plugin 2.2

> > review

> > have i)

> > off a

> > a couple

> > issues and

> > release.

> > spelling

> > of using

> > plugin? I am

Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2

stephenconnolly
i can take a shot. but it will be Monday before i have the bandwidth.

- Stephen

---
screen

wrote:

>> From: Stephen Connolly <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2
>> To: "Maven Developers List" <[hidden email]>
>> Date: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 11:37 AM
>> i can give you until noon gmt+1
>> Tuesday... at that point i need to cut
>> something
>>
>> - Stephen
>>
>> ---
>> Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling mistakes,
>> random nonsense
>> words and other nonsense are a direct result of using swype
>> to type on the
>> screen
>> On 25 Jun 2011 11:32, "Mark Struberg" <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > If you'd give me a day (after fixing the broken
>> tests), then I'd like to
>> resolve the problem that a release from a sparse directory
>> in GIT doesn't
>> work if localCheckout is used.
>> >
>> > The reason is pretty simple: I currently construct the
>> local checkout url
>> as file:// + releaseDescriptor.getWorkingDirectory().
>> >
>> > Guess we need to put the 'base directory' of the SCM
>> repository
>> ReleaseDescriptor somehow.
>> >
>> > Of course, that's not really a blocker issue because
>> by not using
>> localCheckout all things work fine.
>> >
>> > LieGrue,
>> > strub
>> >
>> > --- On Sat, 6/25/11, Dan Tran <[hidden email]>

>> maven-release-plugin 2.2
>> review

>> have i)

>> off a
>> a couple

>> issues and
>> release.

>> spelling
>> of using

>> plugin? I am

Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2

Mark Struberg
Hi Stephen!

I've fixed the tests now.

I'll now go on and try to fix the localCheckout with GIT in submodules.

LieGrue,
strub

> Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling mistakes,
> random nonsense
> words and other nonsense are a direct result of using swype
> to type on the
> screen
> On 25 Jun 2011 12:40, "Mark Struberg" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > kk I'll do it this evening. But first someone needs to
> fix the broken unit
> tests (mockReleaseManager missing) ;) Someone working on
> that already?
> >
> > LieGrue,
> > strub
> >
> > --- On Sat, 6/25/11, Stephen Connolly <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> From: Stephen Connolly <[hidden email]>
> >> Subject: Re: Request to release
> maven-release-plugin 2.2
> >> To: "Maven Developers List" <[hidden email]>
> >> Date: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 11:37 AM
> >> i can give you until noon gmt+1
> >> Tuesday... at that point i need to cut
> >> something
> >>
> >> - Stephen
> >>
> >> ---
> >> Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling
> mistakes,
> >> random nonsense
> >> words and other nonsense are a direct result of
> using swype
> >> to type on the
> >> screen

> broken
> >> tests), then I'd like to
> >> resolve the problem that a release from a sparse
> directory
> >> in GIT doesn't
> >> work if localCheckout is used.

> construct the
> >> local checkout url
> >> as file:// +
> releaseDescriptor.getWorkingDirectory().

> the SCM
> >> repository
> >> ReleaseDescriptor somehow.

> because
> >> by not using
> >> localCheckout all things work fine.

> >> maven-release-plugin 2.2
> best to
> >> review

> Connolly
> today (as
> >> have i)

> to kick
> >> off a
> there are
> >> a couple
> first.

> critical
> >> issues and
> drive the
> >> release.

> random
> >> spelling
> direct result
> >> of using
> <[hidden email]>

> this
> >> plugin? I am

Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2

stephenconnolly
cool

- Stephen

---
screen

wrote:

>> From: Stephen Connolly <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2
>> To: "Maven Developers List" <[hidden email]>
>> Date: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 12:59 PM
>> i can take a shot. but it will be
>> Monday before i have the bandwidth.
>>
>> - Stephen
>>
>> ---
>> Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling mistakes,
>> random nonsense
>> words and other nonsense are a direct result of using swype
>> to type on the
>> screen
>> On 25 Jun 2011 12:40, "Mark Struberg" <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > kk I'll do it this evening. But first someone needs to
>> fix the broken unit
>> tests (mockReleaseManager missing) ;) Someone working on
>> that already?
>> >
>> > LieGrue,
>> > strub
>> >
>> > --- On Sat, 6/25/11, Stephen Connolly <[hidden email]>

>> maven-release-plugin 2.2

>> mistakes,
>> using swype

>> broken
>> directory

>> construct the
>> releaseDescriptor.getWorkingDirectory().

>> the SCM

>> because

>> best to

>> Connolly
>> today (as

>> to kick
>> there are
>> first.

>> critical
>> drive the

>> random
>> direct result
>> <[hidden email]>

>> this

>> [hidden email]

Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2

Mark Struberg
Stephen, please feel free to go on with the release.

For fixing the sparse scenario with localCheckout, I'd need to first add the relativePathProjectDirectory info to maven-scm-provider-gitexe.
Afterwards I can parse this info and correctly use it for constructing the local file:// clone URL.
But that will need a bit (+ a fresh maven-scm release)

LieGrue,
strub

> [...]
> tweak
> >> today (as

> should be able
> >> to kick
> then, and
> >> there are
> scrub
> >> first.

> open
> >> critical
> i'll
> >> drive the

> so
> >> random
> are a
> >> direct result
> Tran"
> >> <[hidden email]>

> release for
> >> this

> commands, e-mail:
> >> [hidden email]

Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2

well i'll take a dig through jira then and see if there is anything low
hanging, otherwise i'll push something tomorrow

- Stephen

---
screen

wrote:

>> From: Stephen Connolly <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2
>> To: "Maven Developers List" <[hidden email]>
>> Date: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 7:30 PM
>> cool
>>
>> - Stephen
>>
>> ---
>> Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling mistakes,
>> random nonsense
>> words and other nonsense are a direct result of using swype
>> to type on the
>> screen
>> On 26 Jun 2011 18:40, "Mark Struberg" <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Stephen!
>> >
>> > I've fixed the tests now.
>> >
>> > I'll now go on and try to fix the localCheckout with
>> GIT in submodules.
>> >
>> > LieGrue,
>> > strub
>> >
>> > --- On Sat, 6/25/11, Stephen Connolly <[hidden email]>

>> maven-release-plugin 2.2

>> mistakes,
>> using swype
>> needs to
>> working on

[hidden email]>

>> spelling
>> result of
>> <[hidden email]>

>> the
>> sparse

>> currently

>> directory' of

>> blocker issue

>> <[hidden email]>
>> 3:32 AM
>> do my

>> Stephen
>> tweak

>> should be able
>> then, and
>> scrub

>> open
>> i'll

>> so
>> are a
>> Tran"

>> release for

>> [hidden email]
>> commands, e-mail:

>> [hidden email]

Re: Request to release maven-release-plugin 2.2

Hervé BOUTEMY
ok for me: I finished my modifications