Releasing Maven 3.6.2

Hervé BOUTEMY
We have 49 issues closed and nothing remaining open [1]

Any objection to launch the release now?

Any volunteer?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MNG/versions/12345234

Re: Releasing Maven 3.6.2

Enrico Olivelli
Il gio 22 ago 2019, 23:42 Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> We have 49 issues closed and nothing remaining open [1]
>
> Any objection to launch the release now?
>
> Any volunteer?

I would like to try. I can do it in the weekend.
I have only released plugins, maybe I would need some guidance

Okay?

Enrico

> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MNG/versions/12345234

Re: Releasing Maven 3.6.2

Michael Osipov-2
Am 2019-08-22 um 23:42 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:

> We have 49 issues closed and nothing remaining open [1]
>
> Any objection to launch the release now?
>
> Any volunteer?
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MNG/versions/12345234

Tibor wanted to include Resolver 1.4.1 with the offending commit
reverted, but other tickets included.

Re: Releasing Maven 3.6.2

Tibor Digana
Yeah Enrico, go for it. ;-)
Good luck!

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 7:18 AM Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Il gio 22 ago 2019, 23:42 Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>
> > We have 49 issues closed and nothing remaining open [1]
> >
> > Any objection to launch the release now?
> >
> > Any volunteer?
> >

> I would like to try. I can do it in the weekend.
> I have only released plugins, maybe I would need some guidance
>
> Okay?
>
> Enrico
>

> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MNG/versions/12345234

Re: Releasing Maven 3.6.2

Enrico Olivelli
I see this test failing on current master, locally on my machine (MacOS),
this is a show stopper...
I will investigate as soon as possible, but today I can't

[ERROR] Tests run: 821, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
1,366.325 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.maven.it.IntegrationTestSuite

[ERROR]
testitMNG6386UnicodeChars(org.apache.maven.it.MavenITmng6386BaseUriPropertyTest)
Time elapsed: 1.252 s  <<< FAILURE!

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError

at
org.apache.maven.it.MavenITmng6386BaseUriPropertyTest.testitMNG6386UnicodeChars(MavenITmng6386BaseUriPropertyTest.java:90)

Enrico

Il giorno ven 23 ago 2019 alle ore 09:49 Tibor Digana <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Yeah Enrico, go for it. ;-)
> Good luck!

> On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 7:18 AM Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Il gio 22 ago 2019, 23:42 Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> ha
> > scritto:
> >
> > > We have 49 issues closed and nothing remaining open [1]
> > >
> > > Any objection to launch the release now?
> > >
> > > Any volunteer?
> > >

> > I would like to try. I can do it in the weekend.
> > I have only released plugins, maybe I would need some guidance
> >
> > Okay?
> >
> > Enrico
> >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Hervé
> > >
> > > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MNG/versions/12345234

Re: Releasing Maven 3.6.2

Michael Osipov-2
Am 2019-08-22 um 23:42 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:
> We have 49 issues closed and nothing remaining open [1]
>
> Any objection to launch the release now?

I have now scheduled MNG-6695 for inclusion. It has been worked on for
quite a while.

Is there are no objections, build passes, I will merge this weekend.

Michael

Re: Releasing Maven 3.6.2

Enrico Olivelli
Il ven 23 ago 2019, 11:55 Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> I see this test failing on current master, locally on my machine (MacOS),
> this is a show stopper...
> I will investigate as soon as possible, but today I can't

The test doesn't fail on my fedora box, only on Mac, consistently.
We are not using Mac as reference platform (only linux and Windows)

So maybe this is not a real problem.
Unfortunately thus week I won't have access to any Mac box so I won't be
able to reproduce the problem.

I feel we can go to the release as soon as we commit the last enhancement

Enrico