Release assembly plugin?

brettporter
Administrator
Hi,

I noticed that the assembly plugin hasn't been released for just over a year, and there are a few plexus-archiver improvements that would be useful to incorporate in the default. There don't appear to have been a lot of changes outside of those and the Java 5 / RAT changes.

Kristian, you were doing the most recent work on this, did you have any plans for a release? Would you like me to run through it, otherwise?

Are there other fixes anyone has pending?

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter   @brettporter
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/

Re: Release assembly plugin?

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Brett,

i have started to work on cleaning up the JIRA closing some issues which
are not up-to-date anymore etc.

Currently i'm working on a little issue
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-681 which is not really big
but i would like to get it into the release if it's ok...

Furthermore i would like to take a look at:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-677
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-674

These are only small issues (I hope so) to get into that plugin ;-)

What about http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-603
I'm not sure if this is really a maven-assembly-plugin issue or more a
shared resources issue (Might be checked if not already solved via your
update plans).

The plexus-archiver update might solve other issues as well....

Apart from that i would suggest to put the issues we would like to see
in the release on the roadmap which should be solved for the next
release and afterwards just going through to get them fixed...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

 > Hi,

> I noticed that the assembly plugin hasn't been released for just over a year, and there are a few plexus-archiver improvements that would be useful to incorporate in the default. There don't appear to have been a lot of changes outside of those and the Java 5 / RAT changes.
>
> Kristian, you were doing the most recent work on this, did you have any plans for a release? Would you like me to run through it, otherwise?
>
> Are there other fixes anyone has pending?
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter   @brettporter
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
> http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Karl-Heinz Marbaise
--
SoftwareEntwicklung Beratung Schulung    Tel.: +49 (0) 2405 / 415 893
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029

Re: Release assembly plugin?

Kristian Rosenvold-4
 I'll spin through archiver issues hopefully tomorrow and by the looks of
the pull requests I'll push 2.4.5.

Kristian

> Hi Brett,
>
> i have started to work on cleaning up the JIRA closing some issues which
> are not up-to-date anymore etc.
>
> Currently i'm working on a little issue http://jira.codehaus.org/
> browse/MASSEMBLY-681 which is not really big but i would like to get it
> into the release if it's ok...
>
> Furthermore i would like to take a look at:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-677
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-674
>
> These are only small issues (I hope so) to get into that plugin ;-)
>
> What about http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-603
> I'm not sure if this is really a maven-assembly-plugin issue or more a
> shared resources issue (Might be checked if not already solved via your
> update plans).
>
> The plexus-archiver update might solve other issues as well....
>
> Apart from that i would suggest to put the issues we would like to see in
> the release on the roadmap which should be solved for the next release and
> afterwards just going through to get them fixed...
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>

> > Hi,
>

>> I noticed that the assembly plugin hasn't been released for just over a
>> year, and there are a few plexus-archiver improvements that would be useful
>> to incorporate in the default. There don't appear to have been a lot of
>> changes outside of those and the Java 5 / RAT changes.
>>
>> Kristian, you were doing the most recent work on this, did you have any
>> plans for a release? Would you like me to run through it, otherwise?
>>
>> Are there other fixes anyone has pending?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Brett
>>
>> --
>> Brett Porter   @brettporter
>> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
>> http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter

> Mit freundlichem Gruß
> Karl-Heinz Marbaise
> --
> SoftwareEntwicklung Beratung Schulung    Tel.: +49 (0) 2405 / 415 893
> Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
> Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
> 52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: Release assembly plugin?

Regarding MASSEMBLY-681, I wouldn't try to make it too complex.
If plexus/guice ignores an empty tag, it's their issue.
Did you try:
<finalName xml:space="preserve"></finalName>

Robert