Regarding component usage in maven-assembly-plugin

Regarding component usage in maven-assembly-plugin

Mantas Gridinas
Yo!

I've recently started using the assembly plugin and noticed that the
documentation does not specify the XSD files for component descriptor
files. Is there a particular reason for this?

Cheers!

RE: Regarding component usage in maven-assembly-plugin

Jean-Pierre Urkens
Have a look at http://maven.apache.org/xsd/assembly-2.1.0.xsd
Look in the example assembly files that come packaged with the plugin. In
the xml assembly file you'll see a reference to:

<assembly xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/ASSEMBLY/2.1.0"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/ASSEMBLY/2.1.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/assembly-2.1.0.xsd">

Re: Regarding component usage in maven-assembly-plugin

Mantas Gridinas
That file does not define top level element called component, hence
the original question.