Regarding Archetype customization

goutham
I have a question regarding Archetype customization.
Consider i have two files FILE1.java and FILE2.java , How can i customize my
archetype-metadata.xml so that , according to my choice i can select
FILE1.java or FILE2.java  at the time of mvn archetype:generate.
Is it possible ? Can you send me related tutorial or working tutorial?

Regards
-Goutham

Re: Regarding Archetype customization

Hervé BOUTEMY
sorry, this is not an actual feature of archetype plugin

Le jeudi 16 juin 2011, goutham a écrit :

> I have a question regarding Archetype customization.
> Consider i have two files FILE1.java and FILE2.java , How can i customize
> my archetype-metadata.xml so that , according to my choice i can select
> FILE1.java or FILE2.java  at the time of mvn archetype:generate.
> Is it possible ? Can you send me related tutorial or working tutorial?
>
> Regards
> -Goutham

Re: Regarding Archetype customization

goutham
OK... I have another question.

when i run " mvn archetype:generate" it asks for parameters like groupId ,
artifactId , package and version.
Now i want to ask for an extra parameter like module-author but i want to
ask in this manner

*Do you want to enter module-author? ( Y / N)*
(on entering Y  , i should ask for the parameter)
*Y*
*module-author: <nameoftheauthor>*

(on entering N  , i should terminate the process and project build should be
completed)

*N*
*.*
*.*
*Project Build Success Full *
*
*

Is this possible with ArchetypeCreationQueryer ? .. i guess i got an source
file here DefaultArchetypeCreationQueryer<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/archetype/tags/maven-archetype-2.0/maven-archetype-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/archetype/ui/DefaultArchetypeCreationQueryer.java>
 but
i dont know how to implement it in my project and run it and see how it
works?

Any help will be thank full

-Goutham