Recommended developer environment

Evan Worley
Is there documentation somewhere describing how to setup the preferred
NMaven development environment?  What I am personally looking for is how to
efficiently run the NMaven plugins in a debug environment to see changes in
real time.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Evan

Re: Recommended developer environment

Shane Isbell
Hi Evan,

The following link shows how to set eveything up:
http://incubator.apache.org/nmaven/getting-started.html. To get the debug
output (for runtime), just use the -X flag: "mvn -X install". This will show
all of the debug logs of the plugins. If you need to set the .NET compiler
(C#, VB) itself to debug mode, you can add a profile to the pom.xml file, as
shown below: "mvn install -Ddebug"

  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <activation>
        <property>
          <name>debug</name>
        </property>
      </activation>
      <build>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>
            <groupId>org.apache.maven.dotnet.plugins</groupId>
            <artifactId>maven-compile-plugin</artifactId>
            <extensions>true</extensions>
            <configuration>
              <parameters>
                <parameter>/debug+</parameter>
                <parameter></parameter>
              </parameters>
            </configuration>
          </plugin>
        </plugins>
      </build>
    </profile>
  </profiles>

Regards,
Shane

On 5/7/07, Evan Worley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there documentation somewhere describing how to setup the preferred
> NMaven development environment?  What I am personally looking for is how
> efficiently run the NMaven plugins in a debug environment to see changes
> in
> real time.
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Evan

Re: Recommended developer environment

Evan Worley
Thanks Shane, that is very helpful.

Do you always rely on the debug logs, or have you ever set of a real
debugging environment in an IDE?

Thanks,
Evan

On 5/7/07, Shane Isbell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Evan,
>
> The following link shows how to set eveything up:
> http://incubator.apache.org/nmaven/getting-started.html. To get the debug
> output (for runtime), just use the -X flag: "mvn -X install". This will
> show
> all of the debug logs of the plugins. If you need to set the .NET compiler
> (C#, VB) itself to debug mode, you can add a profile to the pom.xml file,
> as
> shown below: "mvn install -Ddebug"
>
>   <profiles>
>     <profile>
>       <activation>
>         <property>
>           <name>debug</name>
>         </property>
>       </activation>
>       <build>
>         <plugins>
>           <plugin>
>             <groupId>org.apache.maven.dotnet.plugins</groupId>
>             <artifactId>maven-compile-plugin</artifactId>
>             <extensions>true</extensions>
>             <configuration>
>               <parameters>
>                 <parameter>/debug+</parameter>
>                 <parameter></parameter>
>               </parameters>
>             </configuration>
>           </plugin>
>         </plugins>
>       </build>
>     </profile>
>   </profiles>
>
> Regards,
> Shane
>
> On 5/7/07, Evan Worley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Is there documentation somewhere describing how to setup the preferred
> > NMaven development environment?  What I am personally looking for is how
> > efficiently run the NMaven plugins in a debug environment to see changes
> > in
> > real time.
> >
> > Any advice is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Evan

Re: Recommended developer environment

Shane Isbell
I primarily rely on logs. The IntelliJ project files are complete with
runtime/compile-time dependencies. Which IDE are you using?

On 5/7/07, Evan Worley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Shane, that is very helpful.
>
> Do you always rely on the debug logs, or have you ever set of a real
> debugging environment in an IDE?
>
> Thanks,
> Evan
>
> On 5/7/07, Shane Isbell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Evan,
> >
> > The following link shows how to set eveything up:
> > http://incubator.apache.org/nmaven/getting-started.html. To get the
> debug
> > output (for runtime), just use the -X flag: "mvn -X install". This will
> > show
> > all of the debug logs of the plugins. If you need to set the .NET
> compiler
> > (C#, VB) itself to debug mode, you can add a profile to the pom.xmlfile,
> > as
> > shown below: "mvn install -Ddebug"
> >
> >   <profiles>
> >     <profile>
> >       <activation>
> >         <property>
> >           <name>debug</name>
> >         </property>
> >       </activation>
> >       <build>
> >         <plugins>
> >           <plugin>
> >             <groupId>org.apache.maven.dotnet.plugins</groupId>
> >             <artifactId>maven-compile-plugin</artifactId>
> >             <extensions>true</extensions>
> >             <configuration>
> >               <parameters>
> >                 <parameter>/debug+</parameter>
> >                 <parameter></parameter>
> >               </parameters>
> >             </configuration>
> >           </plugin>
> >         </plugins>
> >       </build>
> >     </profile>
> >   </profiles>
> >
> > Regards,
> > Shane
> >
> > On 5/7/07, Evan Worley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there documentation somewhere describing how to setup the preferred
> > > NMaven development environment?  What I am personally looking for is
> how
> > > efficiently run the NMaven plugins in a debug environment to see
> changes
> > > in
> > > real time.
> > >
> > > Any advice is greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Evan

Re: Recommended developer environment

Evan Worley
I am using eclipse, and my colleague Zak (who is working on this with me)
uses IntelliJ

On 5/7/07, Shane Isbell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I primarily rely on logs. The IntelliJ project files are complete with
> runtime/compile-time dependencies. Which IDE are you using?
>
> On 5/7/07, Evan Worley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Shane, that is very helpful.
> >
> > Do you always rely on the debug logs, or have you ever set of a real
> > debugging environment in an IDE?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Evan
> >
> > On 5/7/07, Shane Isbell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Evan,
> > >
> > > The following link shows how to set eveything up:
> > > http://incubator.apache.org/nmaven/getting-started.html. To get the
> > debug
> > > output (for runtime), just use the -X flag: "mvn -X install". This
> will
> > > show
> > > all of the debug logs of the plugins. If you need to set the .NET
> > compiler
> > > (C#, VB) itself to debug mode, you can add a profile to the
> pom.xmlfile,
> > > as
> > > shown below: "mvn install -Ddebug"
> > >
> > >   <profiles>
> > >     <profile>
> > >       <activation>
> > >         <property>
> > >           <name>debug</name>
> > >         </property>
> > >       </activation>
> > >       <build>
> > >         <plugins>
> > >           <plugin>
> > >             <groupId>org.apache.maven.dotnet.plugins</groupId>
> > >             <artifactId>maven-compile-plugin</artifactId>
> > >             <extensions>true</extensions>
> > >             <configuration>
> > >               <parameters>
> > >                 <parameter>/debug+</parameter>
> > >                 <parameter></parameter>
> > >               </parameters>
> > >             </configuration>
> > >           </plugin>
> > >         </plugins>
> > >       </build>
> > >     </profile>
> > >   </profiles>
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Shane

> preferred
> > how
> > changes

Re: Recommended developer environment

Shane Isbell
Okay, you'll get a quicker (and better) response to the question
about running and debugging Maven itself within those IDEs if you post it to
the maven users list.