Re: watch out for old plexus-maven-plugins

Re: watch out for old plexus-maven-plugins

Aleksandar Kurtakov
On 01:27:48 PM Wednesday, May 25, 2011 Mark Struberg wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> I now upgraded wagon to use the latest plexus-maven-plugin.
>
> This was of course not friction free because the 'decriptor' goal got moved
> from the process-resouces phase to process-classes. This means that the
> 'merge-descriptors' goal - which is still triggered in process-resources -
> cannot find the components.xml to merge...
>
> Also the default output path from 'descriptor' has been changed from
> genareted-resources to classes.
>
> So please review the other sub projects too in search for an old
> plexus-mavne-plugin and ping back if you need help with upgrading them.

FWIW, On the plexus-maven-plugin page[1] there is a bold text saying "This
plugin has been superceded by plexus-component-metadata".
Doesn't it make sense to concentrate efforts in favour of the new solution[2]
and letting plexus-maven-plugin rip?

[1] http://plexus.codehaus.org/plexus-maven-plugin/
[2] http://plexus.codehaus.org/plexus-containers/plexus-component-metadata/

Regards,