Re: releasing Maven parent POM 33 and sha512 plan

On 26/08/18 19:35, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm ready to release Maven parent POM 33 for sha512 checksum creation: last
> chance if you want another POM change in this release.

go for it..

> Another question is: how do we want to deploy this sha512 in download.html?
> Do we let everybody update download.xml.vm when upgrading parent POM or should
> I bulk add the sha512 in dist area, update download.xml.vm and modify by hand
> current site download.html (like we did for md5 to sha1)?
> I already did such an update, it's feasible, and this would avoid forgetting
> the update if it's done by hand separately (AFAIK I only killed Jenkins when
> it tried to rebuild absolutely everything in 5 minutes: I'll just add a little
> pause when committing the updates to git...)

The first thing is we need to upgrade every
src/site/xdoc/download.xml.vm file and change it accordingly. So best
would be to do this via script way like for all plugins/components etc.
and yes would be the best to do this in one go...to prevent to forget
something...

Furthermore we need to fix the life sites for all plugins cause there is
at the moment for many pages a small thing which should be fixed using
https instead of http to access checksums / gpg keys [1]. This could be
fixed by using the generated svn production site and change the
download.html files accordingly...Also via script...otherwise it will
take a very long time until all pages have been fixed..

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNGSITE-341

> Regards,
>
> Hervé

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Karl-Heinz Marbaise
--
SoftwareEntwicklung Beratung Schulung    Tel.: +49 (0) 2405 / 415 893
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        USt.IdNr: DE191347579