Re: parent POMS release in a few days

Hervé BOUTEMY
I see MPOM-188 was created against maven-parent for that and fixed

for the moment, priority goes to Apache parent POM

last call for Apache parent POM updates: there are many plugin updates
available, like compiler 3.7.0, Surefire 2.22

Is there a reason not to upgrade? like minium java version? or anything else?

Le vendredi 22 juin 2018, 20:38:12 CEST Robert Scholte a écrit :

> maven-invoker-plugin doesn't pick up -Dhttps.protocols from the
> JenkinsFile, let's fix this at plugin-parent level
>
> Robert
>
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 07:57:25 +0200, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]>
>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As told in INFRA-16467 thread, I'll do parent POMs releases soon.
> >
> > Please update parent POMs as you want the release to be done: I'll start
> > by Apache parent in a few days: see the diff against Apache 19 [1]
> > and the site https://maven.apache.org/pom-archives/asf-LATEST/
> >
> > Once Apache parent 20 is released, I'll let a few days for Maven parent
> > POMS
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >
> > [1]
> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-apache-parent.git;a=blobdiff;f
> > =pom.xml;hb=master;hpb=apache-19

Re: parent POMS release in a few days

Hervé BOUTEMY
ok; didn't read Karl Heinz email: perfectly explained in MPOM-186, both what's
the expected benefit (JDK 9/10 support) and requirement updates (minimum JRE
7)

I don't see any issue with requiring JRE 7 to run Maven: in my last poll, the
vast majority of people upgraded to Maven 3.5 for color :) , then have JRE 7

We'll just document that change