Re: parallelise not overlapping tasks

rfscholte
Hi Romain,

I don't think this is something for the pom.
It is the plugin which should know if it has effect on the build.
Or maybe more global: if we could define for the plugin what is input and
what is output, then it should be possible to decide which parts could run
in parallel.

thanks,
Robert

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 14:20:50 +0100, Romain Manni-Bucau
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> there is no way to parallelize not conflicting tasks for a same phase at
> the moment right? Any way it gets under the radar?
>
> A common example is to run all code analyzis concurrently (findbugs, pmd,
> checkstyle, ...) at the same time without waiting for one then the other
> etc since all can be very long.
>
> It could be nice an fancy to define part of the reactor parallelisablity
> in
> the pom, like:
>
> <plan>
>     <parallel>
>         <phase>process-sources</phase>
>         <executions>
>             <execution>
>               <groupId>...</groupId>
>               <artifactId>...</artifactId>
>               <version>...</version>
>               <id>...</id>
>             <execution>
>             <execution>
>               <groupId>...</groupId>
>               <artifactId>...</artifactId>
>               <version>...</version>
>               <id>...</id>
>             <execution>
>         </executions>
>     </parallel>
> </plan>
>
> anything to enhance it?
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> <https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau>

Re: parallelise not overlapping tasks

Tibor Digana
I am facing very slow Maven reporting/site.
I have optimized JavaDoc and avoided the javadoc plugin downloading
sources, Java API which has improved the performance but still Site takes 8
minutes at least to complete.
It would be worth to mark some reporting plugins running in parallel in
aggregator POM.