Re: [nexus-user] GUI Development Tips?

nabcos
Hi Eric,

you are probably beyond [1] already. [2] has a few examples how to add
things to the Nexus UI.

Beyond that, it's plain ExtJS2.3[3] - I had a quick look at the OSS
LDAP plugin and aside from adding a link in the left navigation it
does not seem like it's doing anything Nexus-specific.

A few remarks:
* Sonatype.config holds things like Nexus host, relative path snippets etc.
* REST calls are already set up to do session handling for you, no
need to authorize
* when you use Ext.FormPanel you might want to use sonatypeSubmit,
which gives you an automatic display of error messages if you handle
errors like in [4], and map field name and ErrorMessage id.
* for Ext.Ajax.request, you may want to set the 'suppressStatus'
option. You will get a message box on every non-successful call
otherwise.

I CC'ed the nexus-dev list, and we should follow up there. Feel free
to ping me if you have questions.

Ben

[1] https://docs.sonatype.com/display/SPRTNXOSS/Loading+UI+Resources+From+a+Nexus+Plugin
[2] https://docs.sonatype.com/display/SPRTNXOSS/Nexus+UI+Extension
[3] http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/2-3/
[4] https://github.com/sonatype/nexus/blob/master/nexus/nexus-core-plugins/nexus-ldap-plugin-parent/nexus-ldap-realm-plugin/src/main/java/org/sonatype/nexus/security/ldap/realms/api/AbstractLdapRealmPlexusResource.java#L65