Re: misleading docmentation

aheritier
Hi Nir

  Thanks for your feedback.
  I admit that I really hate when the property name is different than the configuration parameter but it seems properly defined in the doc :

allowTimestampedSnapshots:

Whether to allow timestamped SNAPSHOT dependencies. Default is to fail when finding any SNAPSHOT.
  • Typeboolean
  • Since2.0-beta-7
  • RequiredNo
  • User PropertyignoreSnapshots
  • Defaultfalse

You have to use <allowTimestampedSnapshots>true</allowTimestampedSnapshots> in the plugin configuration but -DignoreSnapshots=true in command line in that case

Regards

PS : I moved the discussion to the user dev mailing list where you receive more help than directly from few commiters

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 11:02 PM, Nir Bar-on <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
I found misleading documentation in maven release plugin.
it took me hours find it ..and to solve my issue because documentation was wrong .. i was about to drop the use of the plugin and start to think on another way to do "release.."

the issue is that on documentation for the goal release:prepare, the parameter name is "allowTimestampedSnapshots"
but it doesn't have any effect in case you have snapshot dependency.
because on the source code of the plugin the value of the parameter name is "ignoreSnapshots"

--

Arnaud