Re: merging MNG-6308 display packaging

Hervé BOUTEMY
Le dimanche 10 décembre 2017, 11:06:32 CET Robert Scholte a écrit :
> I still think it is ugly to use the HR for this kind of info.
> If you *really* want this info, I'd prefer a new line, offering more space
> for additional info.
yes, I *really* want this info: the precise details on how to display it is
less important

> Other option is to leave it as it is. If developers want it, they can put
> it in the name.
the idea is that ${project.packaging} drives the default build, before
additional plugins bindings: it's useful to display it as it is a key info

> So -1 for me.
how do you want to proceed to choose the best display?

> On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 11:01:41 +0100, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]>
>
> wrote:
> > is there a seconder for this enhancement?
> >
> > CI:
> > https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-3.x-jenkinsfile/
> > job/MNG-6308_display_packaging/
> >
> > Jira issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6308
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé

Re: merging MNG-6308 display packaging

rfscholte
On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 17:46:10 +0100, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Le dimanche 10 décembre 2017, 11:06:32 CET Robert Scholte a écrit :
>> I still think it is ugly to use the HR for this kind of info.
>> If you *really* want this info, I'd prefer a new line, offering more
>> space
>> for additional info.
> yes, I *really* want this info: the precise details on how to display it
> is
> less important
>
>> Other option is to leave it as it is. If developers want it, they can
>> put
>> it in the name.
> the idea is that ${project.packaging} drives the default build, before
> additional plugins bindings: it's useful to display it as it is a key
> info
>

>> So -1 for me.
> how do you want to proceed to choose the best display?

Is it acceptable to add it to the "Reactor Build Order"? It has enough
space for this kind of information.