Re: [maven-verifier-plugin] Thoughts on releasing new version

Re: [maven-verifier-plugin] Thoughts on releasing new version

Sylwester Lachiewicz
Hi,
thank you for this finding.
I've checked where we use that plugin and seams that we use
maven-invoker-plugin instead of this plugin.
Quicks scan on all maven project sources shows only 2 usages - 1 in Modello
and two cases in Maven integration tests.

I do not know how others, but we can quickly release just based on the
version based on Maven 3 and then retire plugin completely.
Or just vote to retire now and save time

Sylwester

pt., 10 sty 2020 o 07:56 Artem Krosheninnikov <
[hidden email]> napisał(a):

> Hello there,
>
> I was looking for a small task in maven area and found this page [1]
>
> I've looked through plugins [2] and decided to switch maven-verifier-plugin
> [3]
>
> After cloning I found out that in master minimum version is already set to
> 3. Also there are no open issues.
>
> There are some questions:
>
> 1) Is it reasonable to release a new version? Previous version was released
> in 2015, it has an outdated site.
> 2) If yes, is it reasonable to leverage Java version to 1.8?
>
> I've made a small PR with all things in one place [4], please have a look
> and let me know what you think.
>
> [1]
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Plugin+migration+to+Maven3+dependencies
> [2]
>
> https://builds.apache.org/job/dist-tool-plugin/site/dist-tool-prerequisites.html
> [3] https://github.com/apache/maven-verifier-plugin/
> [4] https://github.com/apache/maven-verifier-plugin/pull/1
> --
> Sincerely yours,
> Krosheninnikov Artem.

Re: [maven-verifier-plugin] Thoughts on releasing new version

rfscholte
I suggest to start a [VOTE] for it as I did last year for other plugins.
There's a page that describes the actions[1] (I hope it is complete by now)
I would not go for a 3.0, just leave it as it is and spend your energy on other issues.

thanks,
Robert

[1] https://maven.apache.org/developers/retirement-plan-plugins.html