Re: maven-site-plugin java8

Hervé BOUTEMY
instead of continuing discussion here and there about Maven and Java
prerequisites, I started to describe our past plan to work on defining our
future plan:
https://maven.apache.org/developers/compatibility-plan.html

Don't hesitate to contribute

on the future upgrade of prerequisites, one useful documentation for users
requiring to stay on earlier Java releases will be IMHO to not only put
current Java Version prerequisite but also the last release requiring previous
Java versions.

For example on plugin or components
  https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/summary.html
adding an additional section telling the last release compatible with Java 7,
6 or even 5: that should not be much documentation to add, and very useful to
ease the current hard research anybody has to do when the last release of a
component has a Java prerequisite that does not match your own expectations
(without judging the expectations validity of component provider nor consumer)

Le mardi 19 mai 2020, 07:45:27 CEST Olivier Lamy a écrit :
> Hi
> Any objections for this PR
> https://github.com/apache/maven-site-plugin/pull/21 ?
> I prefer to ask rather than seeing my commit reverted
>
> cheers

Re: maven-site-plugin java8

Sylwester Lachiewicz
Some commit cleanup can be done but in general  +1 from me.
Sylwester