Re: maven-release-plugin and signing artifacts

Re: maven-release-plugin and signing artifacts

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Robert,

On 04/08/17 10:55, Robert Scholte wrote:

> Hi Karl Heinz,
>
> this can happen when the plugin configuration contains a fixed value for
> arguments, i.e
> <arguments>-Dkey=value</arguments>
>
> If you want arguments to be extended via commandline argument, you need
> to do this:
>
> <arguments>-Dkey=value ${arguments}</arguments>
>
> <properties>
>    <arguments/> <!-- default empty -->
> </properties>

Thanks for your explanations...

So that means the configuration for the maven-release-plugin must be
done before to support expanding the arguments like I expected..

So on the other hand the maven-release-plugin documentation for the
arguments property:
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html

say only: "Additional arguments to pass to the Maven executions,
separated by spaces.".

So I have expected to simply set the arguments property and the
additional parameters would have been added to the Maven invocation..

So this looks like a documentation issue from my point of view...what do
you think ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise