Re: maven-dependency-plugin and Maven 3.0

Re: maven-dependency-plugin and Maven 3.0

olamy
Oh yes +100000
it would be so good to remove this hackhish code.
Not sure but we may have this piece of code in few places..

On Fri, 22 May 2020 at 06:45, Elliotte Rusty Harold <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The TreeMojo in maven-dependency-plugin uses maven-dependency-tree to
> do some complicated reflection based switching between the Maven 3.0
> and 3.1 dependency graph builders.
>
> This is going to make reintroducing support for the verbose flag more
> cumbersome.
>
> Would it be acceptable to drop this and simply use the Maven resolver
> directly?
>

> --
> Elliotte Rusty Harold

Olivier Lamy

Re: maven-dependency-plugin and Maven 3.0

Hervé BOUTEMY
yes, removing this type of code is exactly the objective of updating minimum
Maven version prerequisite to something > 3.0.x

please all share your though on the other email thread on the next level of
compatibility we should put in our plan:
https://maven.apache.org/developers/compatibility-plan.html