Re: looking for some volunteer

dejan2609
Hi Tibor,

I volunteer for this. I have a solid experience with maven usage and also contributed few (easy) maven commits: https://github.com/apache/maven/commits?author=dejan2609

Regards,
Dejan Stojadinović

On 2019/03/23 21:47:04, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's going to be very pedant work for someone who want to help us in
> Surefire.
>
> I am looking for some volunteer who will remove the deprecated config param
> `forkMode` in favor of `forkCount`. All our ITs should use `forkCount`
> since then.
>
> Additionally, the volunteer should deprecate `surefire-junit4` provider.
> Instead `surefire-junit47` provider should be selected as default provider
> for JUnit4 tests. Again the ITs should be changed and plugin dependencies
> should use `surefire-junit4` provider in place where it was not specified.
>
> It's easy to do. When you see the usages of `.forkMode()` method - only 20
> in `surefire-its` and 43 usages of `<forkMode>` in
> `surefire-its/src/test/resources`.
>
> Successful build must prove that the changes have been applied correctly.
> The changes should be in a pull request on GitHub.
>
> Cheers
> Tibor

Re: looking for some volunteer

dejan2609
Thanx Tibor, I left short comments on JIRA issues (just to mark them).
 I hope I will squeeze first github PR in a few days.

Regards,
Dejan

On 2019/03/24 23:19:08, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Dejan,
>
> Good to hear. In our Jira are two issues related to my original email:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1654
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1494
> If you have any questions, feel free to ask here.
> Pls run the build locally (mvn -P run-its install) until our TravisCI build
> would be ready for you. The build takes cca 1 hour to complete.
> We should solve these two issue in two separate pull requests.
> I guess these tasks require very good preparation and analysis of ITs
> before making any changes.
>
> @Enrico can you pls investigate TravisCI, why it still behaves so much
> differently from Jenkins CI and fails?
> Is it really due to the deployed SNAPSHOT versions at ASF Nexus?
>
> Thx
>
> Cheers
> Tibor
>

> On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 3:23 PM Dejan Stojadinovic <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Tibor,
> >
> > I volunteer for this. I have a solid experience with maven usage and also
> > contributed few (easy) maven commits:
> > https://github.com/apache/maven/commits?author=dejan2609
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dejan Stojadinović
> >
> > On 2019/03/23 21:47:04, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > It's going to be very pedant work for someone who want to help us in
> > > Surefire.
> > >
> > > I am looking for some volunteer who will remove the deprecated config
> > param
> > > `forkMode` in favor of `forkCount`. All our ITs should use `forkCount`
> > > since then.
> > >
> > > Additionally, the volunteer should deprecate `surefire-junit4` provider.
> > > Instead `surefire-junit47` provider should be selected as default
> > provider
> > > for JUnit4 tests. Again the ITs should be changed and plugin dependencies
> > > should use `surefire-junit4` provider in place where it was not
> > specified.
> > >
> > > It's easy to do. When you see the usages of `.forkMode()` method - only
> > 20
> > > in `surefire-its` and 43 usages of `<forkMode>` in
> > > `surefire-its/src/test/resources`.
> > >
> > > Successful build must prove that the changes have been applied correctly.
> > > The changes should be in a pull request on GitHub.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Tibor

Re: looking for some volunteer

Tibor Digana
Do not worry, we will prepare a branch and trigger the build process.
That's the best indicator that everything went alright.

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 12:38 PM Dejan Stojadinovic <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> @Tibor please review https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/233
>
> On 2019/05/06 13:37:02, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello Dejan, I am glad that you are back again.
> > yes, feel free. Github is yours.
> >
> > On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 2:29 PM Dejan Stojadinovic <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > This one slipped slipped though the cracks (I was few weeks off the
> grid
> > > due to traveling). Let me try to push something soon (if it is not too
> > > late).

> incomplete but
> PR
> > > as

> [hidden email]>

> them).

> > > email:
> TravisCI
> of ITs

> > > much

> > > [hidden email]>

> usage
> > > and

> help
> > > us in

> deprecated
> > > config

> `surefire-junit4`
> default
> not

> method
> > > -

> applied

Re: looking for some volunteer

Tibor Digana
Hi Dejan,

The build fails on
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.junit.runner.Computer
It means that we still have few tests which use JUnit 4 library.
This is full log
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-box/job/maven-surefire/job/SUREFIRE-1494/1/consoleFull

Cheers

wrote:

> @Tibor please review https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/233
>
> On 2019/05/06 13:37:02, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello Dejan, I am glad that you are back again.
> > yes, feel free. Github is yours.
> >
> > On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 2:29 PM Dejan Stojadinovic <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > This one slipped slipped though the cracks (I was few weeks off the
> grid
> > > due to traveling). Let me try to push something soon (if it is not too
> > > late).

> incomplete but
> PR
> > > as

> [hidden email]>

> them).

> > > email:
> TravisCI
> of ITs

> > > much

> > > [hidden email]>

> usage
> > > and

> help
> > > us in

> deprecated
> > > config

> `surefire-junit4`
> default
> not

> method
> > > -

> applied

Re: Surefire CNFE

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi Martin,

Here it is fully unrelated but more a setup issue, see previous Tibor's
answer.

@Tibor: topic was changed do your mailbox didnt see the trick but thread is
available at
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/201908.mbox/browser