Re: jvm.config and spaces

michaelo
Am 2021-01-29 um 21:51 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it intended our jvm.config impl does not support spaces?
>
> -Dfoo=bar dummy
> "-Dfoo=bar dummy"
> '-Dfoo=bar dummy'
> -Dfoo=bar\ dummy

Likely related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-4559.
I see no way to solve this with POSIX shell or I am too stupid. One
either needs a bash/zsh based script, or a C-based launcher.

Re: jvm.config and spaces

michaelo
Am 2021-02-01 um 11:47 schrieb Benjamin Marwell:
> Eval is probably needed,
> just look at how open liberty merges those lines [1].
>
> As a user, I would expect spaces and comments to be supported.
>
> [1]: https://github.com/OpenLiberty/open-liberty/blob/bd54569d3322c4321a7dda4fcf94d65f85bf13bf/dev/com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.ws-server/publish/bin/server#L695-L716
> EPLv1 licensed

I'd be happy if someone could this picked up. This operates on changing
IFS. For MAVEN_OPTS this will not work, sadly.