Re: java version for jlink plugin

Elliotte Rusty Harold
Java 7 is the version for most (all?)  of the Maven project. It would
be a bit confusing to have a special exception for this. I'm also a
bit worried compiling this plugin for Java 9 might cause problems when
it's included in a pom.xml that also supports Java 7. E.g. some weird
scenario where a build that doesn't actually use the jlink plugin
nonetheless gets confused by trying to read its .class files or some
such.

Nothing concrete, and I may just be paranoid, but unless there's a
clear reason we need to update the Java version to make this plugin
work, I'd prefer to stick to Java 7.