Re: fixing the list of artifacts in maven-metadata.xml

Re: fixing the list of artifacts in maven-metadata.xml

Anders Hammar
This is very often an issue. I know for sure that Nexus can fix this so you
could ask Sonatype via Jira. That would rebuild old data.

For future releases I believe this is the correct way of fixing this in
m-deploy-p:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-mojo.html#updateReleaseInfo

/Anders

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 8:06 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Jansi, there is an issue with the list of artifacts versions: some old
> artifacts published on Central are not listed in the metadata (I don't know
> why/when they disappeared).
> Here is the maven-metadata.xml [1] which lists versions 1.12 to 1.17
> But the directory contains also versions 1.2.1to 1.11
>
> This causes issues for people using version ranges (grrrr, I hate version
> ranges for dependencies).
>
> Then I have a stupid simple question that I don't know the answer: how to
> fix
> the issue?
> Can it be fixed during a future release by tweaking local metadata.xml?
> Should it be fixed at repository manager level? (Jansi is using OSSRH)
> During a
> release or independently of a release?
> Should it be fixed by a Jira issue to Sonatype? MVNCENTRAL or OSSRH [3]?
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> [1] http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/fusesource/jansi/
> jansi/maven-metadata.xml
>
> [2] http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/fusesource/jansi/jansi/
>
> [3] http://central.sonatype.org/pages/help.html

Re: fixing the list of artifacts in maven-metadata.xml

Hervé BOUTEMY
thank you Anders: I think I'll create a MVNCENTRAL issue and report here to
share experience on this common scenario

On the updateReleaseInfo parameter of deploy plugin, I don't see how this can
rebuild the versions list from the real content in the repository