Re: dependency:go-offline broken?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dependency:go-offline broken?

Benedikt Ritter
Hello Hervé

> Am 04.10.2017 um 01:01 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]>:
>
> trying my chance, because you prepared a perfect demo then we should be able
> to find where the issue is...
>
> Here are my findings:
> mvn depencendy:go-offline output for maven-resources-plugin:
>
> [INFO] Plugin Resolved: maven-resources-plugin-2.6.jar
> [INFO]     Plugin Dependency Resolved: maven-plugin-api-2.0.6.jar
> [INFO]     Plugin Dependency Resolved: maven-project-2.0.6.jar
> [INFO]     Plugin Dependency Resolved: maven-core-2.0.6.jar
> [INFO]     Plugin Dependency Resolved: maven-artifact-2.0.6.jar
> [INFO]     Plugin Dependency Resolved: maven-settings-2.0.6.jar
> [INFO]     Plugin Dependency Resolved: maven-model-2.0.6.jar
> [INFO]     Plugin Dependency Resolved: maven-monitor-2.0.6.jar
> [INFO]     Plugin Dependency Resolved: plexus-container-default-1.0-alpha-9-
> stable-1.jar
> [INFO]     Plugin Dependency Resolved: plexus-utils-2.0.5.jar
> [INFO]     Plugin Dependency Resolved: maven-filtering-1.1.jar
> [INFO]     Plugin Dependency Resolved: plexus-interpolation-1.13.jar
>
>
> then on the failure: mvn -X -o compile
>
> [INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:resources (default-resources) @
> dependency-plugin-bug ---
> [DEBUG] Using mirror central (http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/
> public) for central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2).
> [WARNING] The POM for org.apache.maven:maven-core:jar:2.0.6 is missing, no
> dependency information available
> [WARNING] The POM for org.apache.maven:maven-monitor:jar:2.0.6 is missing, no
> dependency information available
> [WARNING] The POM for org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:2.0.5 is missing,
> no dependency information available
> [WARNING] The POM for org.apache.maven.shared:maven-filtering:jar:1.1 is
> missing, no dependency information available
> [WARNING] The POM for org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-interpolation:jar:1.13 is
> missing, no dependency information available
> [DEBUG] Dependency collection stats: {ConflictMarker.analyzeTime=0,
> ConflictMarker.markTime=0, ConflictMarker.nodeCount=41,
> ConflictIdSorter.graphTime=0, ConflictIdSorter.topsortTime=0,
> ConflictIdSorter.conflictIdCount=18, ConflictIdSorter.conflictIdCycleCount=0,
> ConflictResolver.totalTime=1, ConflictResolver.conflictItemCount=38,
> DefaultDependencyCollector.collectTime=58,
> DefaultDependencyCollector.transformTime=1}
> [DEBUG] org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:2.6:
> [DEBUG]    org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-api:jar:2.0.6:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.apache.maven:maven-project:jar:2.0.6:compile
> [DEBUG]       org.apache.maven:maven-profile:jar:2.0.6:compile
> [DEBUG]       org.apache.maven:maven-artifact-manager:jar:2.0.6:compile
> [DEBUG]          org.apache.maven:maven-repository-metadata:jar:2.0.6:compile
> [DEBUG]       org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-registry:jar:2.0.6:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.apache.maven:maven-core:jar:2.0.6:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.apache.maven:maven-artifact:jar:2.0.6:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.apache.maven:maven-settings:jar:2.0.6:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.apache.maven:maven-model:jar:2.0.6:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.apache.maven:maven-monitor:jar:2.0.6:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-9-
> stable-1:compile
> [DEBUG]       junit:junit:jar:3.8.1:compile
> [DEBUG]       classworlds:classworlds:jar:1.1-alpha-2:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:2.0.5:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.apache.maven.shared:maven-filtering:jar:1.1:compile
> [DEBUG]    org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-interpolation:jar:1.13:compile
>
>
> As you can see, the missing files maven-profile-2.0.6.jar, maven-artifact-
> manager-2.0.6.jar, maven-repository-metadata-2.0.6.jar, maven-plugin-
> registry-2.0.6.jar and classworlds-1.1-alpha-2.jar are in the maven-resources-
> plugin effective dependencies but not detected by dependency plugin
>
>
> Then you're right, it's a dependency plugin bug.
>
> I remarked that the plugin version used was 2.8 but not the latest 3.0.2
>
> Then I added a pluginManagement section to select version 3.0.2 and re-ran the
> test: you'll see the output is completely different.
>
> And there is no issue any more

Thank you so much, you took the time to investigate this issue! Really much appreciated. Now I wonder, why Maven uses an outdated version of the dependency plugin. Is this a problem with the super pom?

Furthermore I’ve noticed, that mvn -o test still does not work, because some surefire dependencies are missing:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.4:test (default-test) on project dependency-plugin-bug: Unable to generate classpath: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.MultipleArtifactsNotFoundException: Missing:
[ERROR] ----------
[ERROR] 1) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit3:jar:2.12.4
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Then, install it using the command:
[ERROR] mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.surefire -DartifactId=surefire-junit3 -Dversion=2.12.4 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
[ERROR] mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.surefire -DartifactId=surefire-junit3 -Dversion=2.12.4 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Path to dependency:
[ERROR] 1) dummy:dummy:jar:1.0
[ERROR] 2) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit3:jar:2.12.4
[ERROR]
[ERROR] ----------
[ERROR] 1 required artifact is missing.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] for artifact:
[ERROR] dummy:dummy:jar:1.0
[ERROR]
[ERROR] from the specified remote repositories:
[ERROR] central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2, releases=true, snapshots=false)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Since there are only a few dependencies missing, I will run test not in offline modus on my CI server. But I wonder whether this is a bug.

Regards,
Benedikt

>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le mercredi 20 septembre 2017, 22:48:15 CEST Benedikt Ritter a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> as far as I understand it should be possible to call mvn
>> dependency:go-offline and from there on work in offline mode (mvn -o).
>> I’ve put a minimal example together [1] that demonstrates that this
>> currently does not work. Am I missing anything?
>>
>> Thank you!
>> Benedikt
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/britter/dependency-plugin-bug
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dependency:go-offline broken?

Tibor Digana
This exception is expected.
Use pluginGroup in settings.xml or try this:
org.codehaus.mojo:tidy:1.0.0:check
or
org.codehaus.mojo:tidy-maven-plugin:1.0.0:check

I don't know what dummy.jar has to do with tidy plugin, it's internal code
in surefire due to M2 API and tidy should not be influenced by.

Cheers
Tibor

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > Am 08.10.2017 um 15:54 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Le dimanche 8 octobre 2017, 15:37:54 CEST Benedikt Ritter a écrit :
> >> Hello Hervé
> >>
> >>> Then I added a pluginManagement section to select version 3.0.2 and
> re-ran
> >>> the test: you'll see the output is completely different.
> >>>
> >>> And there is no issue any more
> >>
> >> Thank you so much, you took the time to investigate this issue! Really
> much
> >> appreciated. Now I wonder, why Maven uses an outdated version of the
> >> dependency plugin. Is this a problem with the super pom?
> > this is a choice to keep stability:
> > if one downloads dependencies using Maven 3.0.5 then a few days later
> builds
> > offline with Maven 3.5, he does not have any issue (and blame
> dependency-plugin)
> >
> > remember the good practice: define your plugin versions, either in your
> pom or
> > by using a parent that does the job
> >
> >>
> >> Furthermore I’ve noticed, that mvn -o test still does not work, because
> some
> >> surefire dependencies are missing:
> >>
> >> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> >> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.4:test
> (default-test)
> >> on project dependency-plugin-bug: Unable to generate classpath:
> >> org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.MultipleArtifactsNotFoundException:
> >> Missing: [ERROR] ----------
> >> [ERROR] 1) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit3:jar:2.12.4
> >> [ERROR]
> >> [ERROR] Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
> >> [ERROR]
> >> [ERROR] Then, install it using the command:
> >> [ERROR] mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.surefire
> >> -DartifactId=surefire-junit3 -Dversion=2.12.4 -Dpackaging=jar
> >> -Dfile=/path/to/file [ERROR]
> >> [ERROR] Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy
> the
> >> file there: [ERROR] mvn deploy:deploy-file
> >> -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.surefire -DartifactId=surefire-junit3
> >> -Dversion=2.12.4 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
> >> -DrepositoryId=[id] [ERROR]
> >> [ERROR] Path to dependency:
> >> [ERROR] 1) dummy:dummy:jar:1.0
> >> [ERROR] 2) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit3:jar:2.12.4
> >> [ERROR]
> >> [ERROR] ----------
> >> [ERROR] 1 required artifact is missing.
> >> [ERROR]
> >> [ERROR] for artifact:
> >> [ERROR] dummy:dummy:jar:1.0
> >> [ERROR]
> >> [ERROR] from the specified remote repositories:
> >> [ERROR] central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2, releases=true,
> >> snapshots=false) [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
> >> [ERROR]
> >> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with
> the -e
> >> switch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug
> >> logging. [ERROR]
> >> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
> please
> >> read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1]
> >> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
> >>
> >> Since there are only a few dependencies missing, I will run test not in
> >> offline modus on my CI server. But I wonder whether this is a bug.
> > I'll have a look at this one and report
>
> I made another interesting observation:
>
> mvn tidy:check works, while mvn -o tidy:check does not work. It fails with:
>
> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------
> [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------
> [INFO] Total time: 0.640 s
> [INFO] Finished at: 2017-10-13T18:34:32+02:00
> [INFO] Final Memory: 13M/309M
> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------
> [ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'tidy' in the current project and in
> the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available
> from the repositories [local (/Users/bene/workspace/github/dependency-plugin-bug/.m2),
> central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
> -e switch.
> [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
> please read the following articles:
> [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/
> NoPluginFoundForPrefixException
>
> Cheers,
> Benedikt
>
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Benedikt
> >>
> >>> Regards,
> >>>
> >>> Hervé
> >>>
> >>> Le mercredi 20 septembre 2017, 22:48:15 CEST Benedikt Ritter a écrit :
> >>>> Hi,
> >>>>
> >>>> as far as I understand it should be possible to call mvn
> >>>> dependency:go-offline and from there on work in offline mode (mvn -o).
> >>>> I’ve put a minimal example together [1] that demonstrates that this
> >>>> currently does not work. Am I missing anything?
> >>>>
> >>>> Thank you!
> >>>> Benedikt
> >>>>
> >>>> [1] https://github.com/britter/dependency-plugin-bug
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >>>
> >>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >>
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>