Re: Your project website

Manfred Moser-4
Also ... from a technical standpoint the Maven site is just a bunch of static html files and I think some server side includes. We might have to fix those to be different depending on whatever we migrate to .. with that in mind..

What are our options within the Apache infrastructure or outside?

Manfred

Olivier Lamy wrote on 2020-08-19 18:33 (GMT -07:00):

> Hi Andrew & Infra
> We (maven-dev) wonder what does it mean with using Apache CMS?
> As far as we can see, we only generate content and commit it to a svn
> directory.
> Maybe not for the root part of the website (sources are here
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-site.git) which is triggered in
> buildbot?
> Please let us know if it's part you refer as our usage of Apache CMS
> Thanks
> Olivier
>

> On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 at 9:54 pm, Andrew Wetmore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I wrote to you two weeks ago about your project website, but have not seen
>> a response. Whom should I contact directly? I am trying to see whether your
>> project still uses the Apache CMS and, if so, what your plans are to
>> migrate off it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 9:35 AM Andrew Wetmore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> I am part of the Infrastructure team, and am writing to ask whether your
>>> project is still using the Apache CMS for your project website. As you
>>> know, the CMS is reaching end-of-life, and we need projects to move their
>>> websites onto a different option within the next few weeks.
>>>
>>> There are several alternatives available, including those listed on this
>>> page [1] on managing project websites. Infra is assembling a Wiki page [2]
>>> on migrating a website from the CMS, and is looking forward to helping
>>> projects with this transition.
>>>
>>> Please let me know whether your site is still on the Apache CMS and, if
>>> so, who will be the project point-of-contact with Infra for the migration.
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>

>>> [1] https://infra.apache.org/project-site.html
>>>
>>> [2]
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Migrate+your+project+website+from+the+Apache+CMS
>>>

>>> --
>>> Andrew Wetmore
>>> Technical Writer-Editor
>>> Infra
>>> *Apache Software Foundation*
>>> [hidden email]

>>> <#m_7218770601526193449_m_2382004626366778703_m_1277653308293069744_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>>>

>> --
>> Andrew Wetmore
>> Technical Writer-Editor
>> Infra
>> *Apache Software Foundation*
>> [hidden email]

Re: Your project website

gmcdonald
I think you guys are fine and there is nothing to do. We still have some
Maven configs in our CMS system but looks like you have not used it since
2018.

I'll go ahead and remove your old CMS content and configs

Gav...

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator
ASF Infrastructure Team

Re: Your project website

Andrew Wetmore-2
The CMS going away does not affect svnpubsub/subversion.

Andrew

Andrew Wetmore

http://cottage14.blogspot.com/