Re: XML Encoding and character set errors

Re: XML Encoding and character set errors

Elliotte Rusty Harold
On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 2:54 AM Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If there are currently new issues, it's probably by a new tool that generates
> invalid XML: please provide examples, and we can dig into how such invalid XML
> file was generated, and help to fix it (and avoid people improperly blaming
> Maven...)

I have a meeting tomorrow to try to find out. If I can locate any
actual examples, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, if a tool did generate such a malformed pom.xml could
it be uploaded to Maven central or would some check catch it before it
was published?  I may have to generate such a bad example and see what
happens, though I'm hesitant to take the risk that it might slip
through.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold