Re: Why Is Maven Ignoring My Local Repo?

Re: Why Is Maven Ignoring My Local Repo?

Eric Kolotyluk
Thanks Ben: I have not read the references yet, but plan to.

Normally I have only been removing _maven.repositories in the affected
directory, but I did as you suggested and removed all
_maven.repositories in my <localRepository>, but the problem still exists:

Could not find artifact net.trajano.wagon:wagon-git:jar:1.0.1-SNAPSHOT
in apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots)

I do not understand why Maven is looking there. I have also manually
downloaded net.trajano.wagon:wagon-git:jar:1.0.1-SNAPSHOT and the pom to
my localRepository, but Maven continues to ignore them.

I am assuming there is a problem with "broken artifacts" as you mention,
as I cannot think of any other explanation for this aspect of 'maven
hell' I am tangling with at the moment.

It is curious that Nexus will download all the artifact pieces, except
the pom, internally, but will not serve them to Maven. Maybe there is
something Nexus does not like about the pom. On the other hand, when I
take Nexus out of my settings.xml, then the
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots problem happens.

I am currently in a dialog with the author of
net.trajano.wagon:wagon-git:jar:1.0.1-SNAPSHOT and I asked him to
release this to Maven Central, but if there is some 'broken artifact'
then I am not sure that will solve the problem either.

Cheers, Eric