Re: Which version should maven-shared-utils have?

Re: Which version should maven-shared-utils have?

Elliotte Rusty Harold
I don't think that should be necessary. A failed 3.3.0 release should
not use up the version number. I think there are instructions on the
release page for unrolling a failed release, though I haven't had
cause to use them myself.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold

Re: Which version should maven-shared-utils have?

Dennis Lundberg-2
Den mån 20 juli 2020 kl 14:55 skrev Elliotte Rusty Harold <
[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 6:54 AM Dennis Lundberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Even though the release of 3.3.0 might have been a failed one, there is a
> > tag in version control for it. Someone could have taken that code and
> built
> > the component themselves, and added it to their own local repository. We
> > could remove the tag from version control now, but apart from being bad
> > practice it would not solve that problem.
>
> That's unlikely and their problem if we did. We haven't yet released
> 3.3.0 and it should be the next release.

If you want the next release to be 3.3.0 then someone will have to delete
the tag for 3.3.0 from version control. I don't feel comfortable doing
that, since it might lead to problems down the road. But if someone else
steps up as release manager for maven-shared-utils I will leave the
decision in their hands.

/Dennis