Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Project Info Reports Plugin version 3.0.1

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Project Info Reports Plugin version 3.0.1

Gabriel Belingueres-2
Hi:

Regarding MPIR-375, I noted that the merge of the PR into master branch was done *before* I made changes using PatternExcludesArtifactFilter based on the reviews.

The patch should work anyway so I decided to test it with the maven-shared-utils library.
I added this to the pom.xml file (in addition to adding the staged-releases profile to settings.xml with the staged repo):

    <pluginManagement>
      <plugins>
        <plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>3.0.1</version>
          <configuration>
            <pluginManagementExcludes>
              <pluginManagementExclude>org.eclipse.m2e</pluginManagementExclude>
            </pluginManagementExcludes>
          </configuration>
        </plugin>
      </plugins>
    </pluginManagement>

With version 3.0.1, running 'mvn -V -Pstaged-releases clean site > 3.0.1.log' throws an exception. (see 3.0.1.log attached file)

However, when building 3.0.2-SNAPSHOT and installing in the local repo (please see that in git repo there are no new commits after the 3.0.1 release), changing the version to 3.0.2-SNAPSHOT works as expected:

mvn -V -Pstaged-releases clean site > 3.0.2-SNAPSHOT.log

Does anyone else is having this problem? Or am I doing something wrong?

Kind regards,
Gabriel

El vie., 23 de ago. de 2019 a la(s) 16:33, Michael Osipov ([hidden email]) escribió:
Hi,

We solved 5 issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12317821&version=12344828

There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MPIR/issues

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1528/
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1528/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-project-info-reports-plugin/3.0.1/maven-project-info-reports-plugin-3.0.1-source-release.zip

Source release checksum(s):
maven-project-info-reports-plugin-3.0.1-source-release.zip
sha512:
7145430a6999ed65a886ac503793f0aa9488b6853431c494c3dee6360c05f3db53fe46ff77bd41514002e8c320b0f4623d23b85d3a9373450c90bb713d3e50be

Staging site:
https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-project-info-reports-plugin-LATEST/

Guide to testing staged releases:
https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Project Info Reports Plugin version 3.0.1

Michael Osipov-2
Am 2019-08-26 um 04:14 schrieb Gabriel Belingueres:

> Hi:
>
> In the light of what Michael clarified, and after some doc reading [1],
> quoting the following about 'mvn site':
> "It uses *only* the parameters defined in the <configuration> element of
> each reporting Plugin specified in the <reporting> element, i.e. site
> always *ignores* the parameters defined in the <configuration> element of
> each plugin specified in <build>."
>
> After testing with the plugin configuration in the <reporting> section, it
> worked OK. Why it does not apply the reporting configuration when the
> plugin is declared and configured in both the pluginManagement and
> repoorting sections is another matter.
>
> I created a gist with the log files as it seems the mailing does not allow
> attachments. Please see [2], but it seems less useful now.
>
> Regarding the missing commit, it was an improvement over the first commit
> (which already had the IT in place). The feature is already there and
> working. I have no problem to  raise a new issue for the next release.

Please do so.

@Tibor. Do you still insist on -1?

@all if Tibor reverts his one, I still need another binding vote.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Project Info Reports Plugin version 3.0.1

Tibor Digana
I was waiting this this issue. Now it is clear for me too.
So we are missing this commit, right? It's worth to complete the PR#7 and
restart the vote.

Gabriel, why the exception with plugin version 3.0.1 appears on your box?