Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Source Plugin version 3.2.1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Source Plugin version 3.2.1

Hervé BOUTEMY
I forgot to mention:
notice that thanks to maven-release-plugin 3.0.0-M1, the project.build.outputTimestamp property was automatically updated 2 times during the release:
- [1] during the release preparation phase
- [2] when preparing next development iteration

We have now the expected developer experience: everything is automatic (after init = manually defining an initial property value) and the timestamp is as meaningful as possible

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://github.com/apache/maven-source-plugin/commit/a59a2e481f7d8e46f2abbd339d2d27e9b2964eba

[2] https://github.com/apache/maven-source-plugin/commit/e8eaa79e273c5d2b2e02eb1b8a964b2160081e0e

Le lundi 16 décembre 2019, 19:55:47 CET Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :

> for those interested, I add the "Reproducible Builds (free) Bounty" :)
>
> instructions:
> - use JDK 8 on an Unix (and please share if you find a trick to build on
> Windows, geting the same result) - please install locally
> maven-buildinfo-plugin
> https://github.com/apache/maven-studies/tree/maven-buildinfo-plugin - build
> with "mvn -Papache-release,run-its -Dgpg.skip verify buildinfo:save" -
> check the content of target/buildinfo against reference in attachment If
> you don't want to install maven-buildinfo-plugin, you can check the output
> checksums by hand, there are only 3 files to check in such a simple
> mono-module project: maven-source-plugin-3.2.1.jar,
> maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-source-release.zip and
> maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-sources.jar
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le lundi 16 décembre 2019, 19:37:00 CET Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > We solved 2 issues:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12317924&
> > ve rsion=12346480&styleName=Text
> >
> > Staging repo:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1545/
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1545/org/apache/m
> > av
> > en/plugins/maven-source-plugin/3.2.1/maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-source-rel
> > eas e.zip
> >
> > Source release checksum(s):
> > maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-source-release.zip sha512:
> > 4d7252839cc74dae8100a47adadbe6fc2c8f4d57e930fa695e4e6c75a8571b1246a63aa25d
> > e
> > 0cf2d73601e599faea2a31be43b1fe442e36d463702d885ccf8b7
> >
> > Staging site:
> > https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-source-plugin-LATEST/
> >
> > Guide to testing staged releases:
> > https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
> >
> > Vote open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1
> > [ ] +0
> > [ ] -1
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]





---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Source Plugin version 3.2.1

Hervé BOUTEMY
ping

Le lundi 16 décembre 2019, 19:37:00 CET Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> We solved 2 issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12317924&ve
> rsion=12346480&styleName=Text
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1545/
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1545/org/apache/mav
> en/plugins/maven-source-plugin/3.2.1/maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-source-releas
> e.zip
>
> Source release checksum(s):
> maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-source-release.zip sha512:
> 4d7252839cc74dae8100a47adadbe6fc2c8f4d57e930fa695e4e6c75a8571b1246a63aa25de
> 0cf2d73601e599faea2a31be43b1fe442e36d463702d885ccf8b7
>
> Staging site:
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-source-plugin-LATEST/
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]





---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Source Plugin version 3.2.1

stephenconnolly
In reply to this post by Hervé BOUTEMY
On Tue 17 Dec 2019 at 08:14, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I forgot to mention:
> notice that thanks to maven-release-plugin 3.0.0-M1, the
> project.build.outputTimestamp property was automatically updated 2 times
> during the release:
> - [1] during the release preparation phase
> - [2] when preparing next development iteration
>
> We have now the expected developer experience: everything is automatic
> (after init = manually defining an initial property value) and the
> timestamp is as meaningful as possible


Can I -as a developer- have
https://github.com/apache/maven-source-plugin/blob/e8eaa79e273c5d2b2e02eb1b8a964b2160081e0e/pom.xml#L84
as an empty property on `master` and have it only populated with a
timestamp for the release tag?

>
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/apache/maven-source-plugin/commit/a59a2e481f7d8e46f2abbd339d2d27e9b2964eba
>
> [2]
> https://github.com/apache/maven-source-plugin/commit/e8eaa79e273c5d2b2e02eb1b8a964b2160081e0e
>
> Le lundi 16 décembre 2019, 19:55:47 CET Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
> > for those interested, I add the "Reproducible Builds (free) Bounty" :)
> >
> > instructions:
> > - use JDK 8 on an Unix (and please share if you find a trick to build on
> > Windows, geting the same result) - please install locally
> > maven-buildinfo-plugin
> > https://github.com/apache/maven-studies/tree/maven-buildinfo-plugin -
> build
> > with "mvn -Papache-release,run-its -Dgpg.skip verify buildinfo:save" -
> > check the content of target/buildinfo against reference in attachment If
> > you don't want to install maven-buildinfo-plugin, you can check the
> output
> > checksums by hand, there are only 3 files to check in such a simple
> > mono-module project: maven-source-plugin-3.2.1.jar,
> > maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-source-release.zip and
> > maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-sources.jar
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >
> > Le lundi 16 décembre 2019, 19:37:00 CET Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We solved 2 issues:
> > >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12317924&
> > > ve rsion=12346480&styleName=Text
> > >
> > > Staging repo:
> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1545/
> > >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1545/org/apache/m
> > > av
> > >
> en/plugins/maven-source-plugin/3.2.1/maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-source-rel
> > > eas e.zip
> > >
> > > Source release checksum(s):
> > > maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-source-release.zip sha512:
> > >
> 4d7252839cc74dae8100a47adadbe6fc2c8f4d57e930fa695e4e6c75a8571b1246a63aa25d
> > > e
> > > 0cf2d73601e599faea2a31be43b1fe442e36d463702d885ccf8b7
> > >
> > > Staging site:
> > > https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-source-plugin-LATEST/
> > >
> > > Guide to testing staged releases:
> > >
> https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
> > >
> > > Vote open for at least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > [ ] +1
> > > [ ] +0
> > > [ ] -1
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
> --
Sent from my phone
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Source Plugin version 3.2.1

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
In reply to this post by Hervé BOUTEMY
Hi,

tested with several Maven versions, JDK's...

+1 from me.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
On 16.12.19 19:37, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We solved 2 issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12317924&version=12346480&styleName=Text
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1545/
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1545/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-source-plugin/3.2.1/maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-source-release.zip
>
> Source release checksum(s):
> maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-source-release.zip sha512: 4d7252839cc74dae8100a47adadbe6fc2c8f4d57e930fa695e4e6c75a8571b1246a63aa25de0cf2d73601e599faea2a31be43b1fe442e36d463702d885ccf8b7
>
> Staging site:
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-source-plugin-LATEST/
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Source Plugin version 3.2.1

Hervé BOUTEMY
In reply to this post by Hervé BOUTEMY
here is my +1

Regards,

Hervé

Le lundi 16 décembre 2019, 19:37:00 CET Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> We solved 2 issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12317924&ve
> rsion=12346480&styleName=Text
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1545/
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1545/org/apache/mav
> en/plugins/maven-source-plugin/3.2.1/maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-source-releas
> e.zip
>
> Source release checksum(s):
> maven-source-plugin-3.2.1-source-release.zip sha512:
> 4d7252839cc74dae8100a47adadbe6fc2c8f4d57e930fa695e4e6c75a8571b1246a63aa25de
> 0cf2d73601e599faea2a31be43b1fe442e36d463702d885ccf8b7
>
> Staging site:
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-source-plugin-LATEST/
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]





---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]