Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Install Plugin version 3.0.0-M1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Install Plugin version 3.0.0-M1

Eric Lilja
On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 7:44 PM Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>

> We solved 32 issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MINSTALL/versions/12334343

 Hi and thank you for doing the releases of both maven-deploy-plugin and
maven-install-plugin, it's exciting! However, when I follow the links to
JIRA to see the solve versions, a few things look weird:
1. Seems you need to be logged in to actually see the list of solved
issues, which is inconvenient and unncessarily secretive.
2. Both projects (install, deploy) have several warnings
3. Both projects have an issue still in TODO.

Seems some JIRA managemenet is in order  here...

- Eric L

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Install Plugin version 3.0.0-M1

Eric Lilja
solve versions should have been "solved issues"

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 9:29 AM Eric Lilja <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 7:44 PM Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We solved 32 issues:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MINSTALL/versions/12334343
>>

>  Hi and thank you for doing the releases of both maven-deploy-plugin and
> maven-install-plugin, it's exciting! However, when I follow the links to
> JIRA to see the solve versions, a few things look weird:
> 1. Seems you need to be logged in to actually see the list of solved
> issues, which is inconvenient and unncessarily secretive.
> 2. Both projects (install, deploy) have several warnings
> 3. Both projects have an issue still in TODO.
>
> Seems some JIRA managemenet is in order  here...
>
> - Eric L

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Install Plugin version 3.0.0-M1

Eric Lilja

> > 2. Both projects (install, deploy) have several warnings
>
> Can you be more accurate? Where ?

I just went to link describing the fixes issues in your email,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MINSTALL/versions/12334343, and I
can see JIRA saying there are 20 warnings. Warnings indicate when the
status of a JIRA issue doesn't reflect related development activity. For
example: an issue marked complete that has an open pull request should be
marked as still being in progress.

I think it's easier to trust the list of changes during time to vote, if
there are no warnings and no still on-going issues according to JIRA. The
ongoing issue should either be completed or moved to next target version.

- Eric L

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Install Plugin version 3.0.0-M1

Tibor Digana
Eric,
Feel free to summarize the Warnings and TODOs in Jira issue unless such
issue(s) have already been created.
I believe then somebody will have a look.
This definitely helps improving the plugin.
The developers have to see how urgent the warnings are for this release as
well.

On 24/09/18 11:14, Eric Lilja wrote:

>      > 2. Both projects (install, deploy) have several warnings
>
>     Can you be more accurate? Where ?
>

> I just went to link describing the fixes issues in your email,
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MINSTALL/versions/12334343, and
> I can see JIRA saying there are 20 warnings. Warnings indicate when the
> status of a JIRA issue doesn't reflect related development activity. For
> example: an issue marked complete that has an open pull request should
> be marked as still being in progress.
>
> I think it's easier to trust the list of changes during time to vote, if
> there are no warnings and no still on-going issues according to JIRA.
> The ongoing issue should either be completed or moved to next target
> version.

After taking a look into it...

The point is that those JIRA issues which are marked "WARNING" are
issues which have been fixed in Subversion before the migration to
Git/GitBox... ..but the changes are part of the code...

I have checked Maven Deploy as well as Maven Install part ...

Can you please share a link with an issue which contains a reference to
an open PR as you mentioned?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise