Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Dependency Analyzer version 1.11.2

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Dependency Analyzer version 1.11.2

+1 from me

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
On 20.07.20 16:32, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We solved 2 issues:
> ** Dependency upgrade
>      * [MSHARED-868] - Upgrade plexus-component-metadata to 2.1.0
>      * [MSHARED-870] - Upgrade asm to 8.0.1
>

> There are still six issues left in JIRA:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MSHARED%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20component%20%3D%20maven-dependency-analyzer
>

> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-group/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-dependency-analyzer/1.11.2/
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-group/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-dependency-analyzer/1.11.2/maven-dependency-analyzer-1.11.2-source-release.zip
>
> Source release checksum(s):
> maven-dependency-analyzer-1.11.2-source-release.zip sha512:
> 290335fae258749da8fab43cc6d7557255ad68330abe5573cc6bc87c45c3e9d8982ddcd7c34b8b8d1e06e250a8db82a18173cc74fb889debe2fcbe23742d66b5
>
> Staging site:
> https://maven.apache.org/shared-archives/maven-dependency-analyzer-LATEST/
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Dependency Analyzer version 1.11.2

Eric Lilja
On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 12:06 AM Sylwester Lachiewicz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> in fact, in this release, based on commits, we have also fixed:
> MSHARED-879 Reproducible builds
> MSHARED-810 Support for Java 12
> MSHARED-792 Maven Dependency Analyzer ignores Java 8 type annotations on
> local variables
>
> All the above tasks was assigned to the next planned version 3.0, now all
> fix tags where corrected.

  Vote: +1 non-binding

Thanks for highlighting this, Sylwester. I think we have the same situation
in maven-site-plugin (and maybe elsewhere). Issues fixed without a fix
version. I usually look at the next version in Jira to see what issues are
already completed to make it into the next release and what other,
non-completed issues, also share the same fix version (I know some
components have several future versions, which may have their own
issues, like Maven itself, or surefire, but most do not is my experience).
I would like to track all changes in Jira, including dependency upgrades
and would like all pull requests to have corresponding jira issue with a
fix version so it's easy to track progress and see as complete as possible
release notes. Maybe the WoW around this needs to be aligned a bit more
among the developers in the Maven dev community.

- Eric L

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven Dependency Analyzer version 1.11.2

Anders Hammar
+1 (binding)

/Anders