Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.5.1

Arnaud Héritier
@Stephen What should we do now ?

--
-----
Arnaud Héritier
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.5.1

Arnaud Héritier
Thanks Stephen

--
-----
Arnaud Héritier
http://aheritier.net
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.5.1

rfscholte
FYI, MDEPLOY-121 mentions another plugin being hit by the classloader
changes.

Robert

On Tue, 03 Oct 2017 20:22:18 +0200, Arnaud Héritier <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks Stephen
>
> On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 8:18 PM, Stephen Connolly <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am hoping I can find some time to do a final round of experiments and
>> then close the vote with success and publish.
>>

>> On Tue 3 Oct 2017 at 11:13, Arnaud Héritier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > @Stephen What should we do now ?

>> new
>> the

>> ping

>> and
>> vote
>> on

>> with
>> maintainers[2]

>> > --
>> > -----
>> > Arnaud Héritier
>> > http://aheritier.net
>> > Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
>> > Twitter/Skype : aheritier
>> >
>> --
>> Sent from my phone

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.5.1

Hervé BOUTEMY
perhaps we should create a Wiki page for java.lang.ClassNotFoundException and
list the plugins with known issues and minimum fixed version

to be added in
 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Errors+and+Solutions

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.5.1

Anders Hammar
I'm feeling stronger and stronger about not having this change in a bugfix
release. Why not go for v3.6.0 if we decide that the class loading change
is the way to go? And keep bugfix releases for just bugfixes.

/Anders

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 3:43 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> perhaps we should create a Wiki page for java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
> and
> list the plugins with known issues and minimum fixed version
>
> to be added in
>  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Errors+and+Solutions
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le mercredi 11 octobre 2017, 02:52:53 CEST Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
> > IIUC, it's MDEPLOY-221 about net.flexmojos.oss:flexmojos-maven-plugin
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MDEPLOY-221
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >
> > Le mardi 10 octobre 2017, 20:48:13 CEST Robert Scholte a écrit :
> > > FYI, MDEPLOY-121 mentions another plugin being hit by the classloader
> > > changes.
> > >
> > > Robert
> > >

> > > On Tue, 03 Oct 2017 20:22:18 +0200, Arnaud Héritier <
> [hidden email]>

> and

> with

> yet?

> need to

> intellij

> this

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.5.1

Hervé BOUTEMY
+1
eventually adding a flag or system property to activate the new behaviour

this remembers me of the idea regarding flags to support new beta features

Le mercredi 11 octobre 2017, 08:13:13 CEST Anders Hammar a écrit :

> I'm feeling stronger and stronger about not having this change in a bugfix
> release. Why not go for v3.6.0 if we decide that the class loading change
> is the way to go? And keep bugfix releases for just bugfixes.
>
> /Anders
>
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 3:43 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]>
>
> wrote:
> > perhaps we should create a Wiki page for java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
> > and
> > list the plugins with known issues and minimum fixed version
> >
> > to be added in
> >
> >  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Errors+and+Solutions
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >
> > Le mercredi 11 octobre 2017, 02:52:53 CEST Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
> > > IIUC, it's MDEPLOY-221 about net.flexmojos.oss:flexmojos-maven-plugin
> > >
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MDEPLOY-221
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Hervé

> > [hidden email]>

> > and

> > with

> > yet?

> > need to

> > intellij

> > this

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.5.1

stephenconnolly
I’d really like if somebody could draft the release notes for the two
different classloader changes. It will make it easier to decide whether to
roll with this or bump minor with (if I recall correctly) the corresponding
drop of Java 7 per our policy on JVMs with minor version bump

Sent from my phone