Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

michaelo
Am 2019-10-29 um 21:11 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:

> Hi to all,
>
> based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
> Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
>
> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1

We have a bus load of issues for 3.7.0 in JIRA. I'd rather move this to
3.8.0 we can ultimately land after 3.8.0.

So from my POV, -1

Michael

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Tibor,

can we the keep discussion out of this thread cause it's a VOTE thread...


On 29.10.19 22:24, Tibor Digana wrote:

> Karl, I am not happy with this short text because you did not say that we
> will turn the code to J8.
> There is a plugin automating this transformation.
> One man can do it in his private and that's it.
> Of course somebody has to execute performance tests.
>
> Without changing the code we would not be eligible for young Java
> contributors.
> The users can use JDK8-14 since we are not a blocker to use any JDK today
> but the topic should be about the code.
>
> So, now it is a bit strange vote. >
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 9:11 PM Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
>> Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
>>
>> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1
>>
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Manfred Moser-4
In reply to this post by michaelo
+1

or more ... haha

Manfred

Stephen Connolly wrote on 2019-10-29 16:23 (GMT -07:00):

> +1
>
> On Tue 29 Oct 2019 at 20:11, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum of
>> Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
>>
>> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1
>>
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>> --
> Sent from my phone
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] JDK 8 Minimum Requirement for Maven 3.7.0

Jesper Udby
+1

😃 Jesper Udby

⁣Hent BlueMail til Android ​

Den 30. okt. 2019 02.34, fra 02.34, Manfred Moser <[hidden email]> skrev:

>+1
>
>or more ... haha
>
>Manfred
>
>Stephen Connolly wrote on 2019-10-29 16:23 (GMT -07:00):
>
>> +1
>>
>> On Tue 29 Oct 2019 at 20:11, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi to all,
>>>
>>> based on the discusion this is the formal VOTE to lift the minimum
>of
>>> Maven Core with version 3.7.0 to JDK 8 minimum.
>>>
>>> Vote open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> [ ] +1
>>> [ ] +0
>>> [ ] -1
>>>
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>>>
>>>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>
>>> --
>> Sent from my phone
>>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]