Re: Using "annotationProcessorPaths" together with version ranges

Re: Using "annotationProcessorPaths" together with version ranges

Mark Derricutt

On 24 Aug 2017, at 9:49, Andreas Gudian wrote:

Yupp, I'm afraid neither version ranges nor information from any
dependencyManagement sections are considered.

Only the plain versions or properties work, and transitive dependencies are
pulled in

Yeh, we use properties as a workaround here - we actually resolve our ranges external to Maven - in a pom.deps files, which in part is used to bootstrap version properties ( the actual pom.xml files get there <version> elements of plugins/dependencies rewritten to hard locked [xxx] versions as well.

Also since we shared compiler plugin settings across projects, it means I have to list all possible combinations of annotationProcessors we know we support ( which is not many, but would be nice to control per project ).

Mark

"The ease with which a change can be implemented has no relevance at all to whether it is the right change for the (Java) Platform for all time." — Mark Reinhold.

Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net
http://www.chaliceofblood.net
http://plus.google.com/+MarkDerricutt