Re: Unknown lifecycle phase " ".

Tomo Suzuki
What command did you run to get the error? I guess you put some
unnecessary white space when you run Maven.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18697461/unknown-lifecycle-phase-maven

I could not reproduce the problem:
https://gist.github.com/suztomo/1b053683be08928598ea141f330bb167

Regards,
Tomo

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 12:30 PM [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Adding users group  too..
>
> mvn -version
>
> *Apache Maven 3.6.3 (cecedd343002696d0abb50b32b541b8a6ba2883f)*
>
> Maven home: /Users/xxxx/apache-maven-3.6.3
>
> Java version: 1.8.0_231, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime:
> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_231.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
>
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
>
> OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.14.6", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"
>
> On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 12:23 PM Tomo Suzuki <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > (I feel [hidden email] is suitable place)
> > What's command to get the error?
> > What does "mvn -version" say?
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 12:15 PM [hidden email]
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Team,
> > >
> > > I am facing the below issue. I am attaching the pom file here for your
> > reference….
> > >
> > > I am facing the same issue even when I change the version. To 1.7 and
> > change target to tasks
> > >

> > > ======
> > > [ERROR] Unknown lifecycle phase " ". You must specify a valid lifecycle
> > phase or a goal in the format <plugin-prefix>:<goal> or
> > <plugin-group-id>:<plugin-artifact-id>[:<plugin-version>]:<goal>. Available
> > lifecycle phases are: validate, initialize, generate-sources,
> > process-sources, generate-resources, process-resources, compile,
> > process-classes, generate-test-sources, process-test-sources,
> > generate-test-resources, process-test-resources, test-compile,
> > process-test-classes, test, prepare-package, package, pre-integration-test,
> > integration-test, post-integration-test, verify, install, deploy,
> > pre-clean, clean, post-clean, pre-site, site, post-site, site-deploy. ->
> > [Help 1]
> > > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecyclePhaseNotFoundException: Unknown
> > lifecycle phase " ". You must specify a valid lifecycle phase or a goal in
> > the format <plugin-prefix>:<goal> or
> > <plugin-group-id>:<plugin-artifact-id>[:<plugin-version>]:<goal>. Available
> > lifecycle phases are: validate, initialize, generate-sources,
> > process-sources, generate-resources, process-resources, compile,
> > process-classes, generate-test-sources, process-test-sources,
> > generate-test-resources, process-test-resources, test-compile,
> > process-test-classes, test, prepare-package, package, pre-integration-test,
> > integration-test, post-integration-test, verify, install, deploy,
> > pre-clean, clean, post-clean, pre-site, site, post-site, site-deploy.
> > > ======
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance for your help.

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Tomo

Tomo

Re: Unknown lifecycle phase " ".

rfscholte
My guess is that the problem is not in the pom, but in the commandline.
Looks like your mvn command contains/ends with a character that looks like a space, but is not.

thanks, Robert