Re: Unexpected dependency requirement when performing "package", but not "install"

Re: Unexpected dependency requirement when performing "package", but not "install"

Elliotte Rusty Harold
Looks like we don't need that. Can you file a bug in Jira?

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold

Re: Unexpected dependency requirement when performing "package", but not "install"

Eric Lilja
Of course, I will do it when I get to the office tomorrow, thanks!

- Eric L

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 5:51 PM Elliotte Rusty Harold <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Looks like we don't need that. Can you file a bug in Jira?
>
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 11:12 AM Eric Lilja <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, I have to set up Maven on a system which is completely offline,
> > restricted to work on a few, select projects.
> >
> > During testing, everything initially looked good, I could perform "mvn
> > clean install" in all projects without issue, and could perform other
> > Maven-task as well, Intellij was happy, it could resolve all projects
> > fully, run all test cases etc, and did not complain about any missing
> > artifacts.
> >
> > However, then I noticed, almost by accident, that I couldn't do "package"
> > or "verify" (which was odd, since install works, which is a later
> phase!),
> > because then surefire (3.0.0-M5) would complain it was
> > missing org.apache.maven:maven-toolchain:jar:3.0-alpha-2 (or one of its
> > dependencies).
> >
> > Why Surefire would suddenly need that artifact (some old alpha from
> > 2009..), during package- or verify-phase feels weird to me since the
> later
> > phase, install, works, and install entails packaging and verification
> > (compile also works, btw)
> >
> > surefire-3.0.0-M3 also suffers from this issue...2.18.1 does not
> >
> > What's going on here? Is my analysis correct, that if I can do "mvn clean
> > install", then "mvn clean package" should not be an issue, since installs
> > entails packaging?
> >
> > For this exotic setup, we can easily work around this, obviously, but it
> > feels like a bug to me so I wanted to share it with you
> >
> > - Eric L
>

> --
> Elliotte Rusty Harold

Re: Unexpected dependency requirement when performing "package", but not "install"

Eric Lilja
I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1850

Thanks!

- Eric L