Re: Twitter handles of committers

Andres Almiray
Good idea Robert!
May I suggest adding GitHub account as well? Not everyone follows Twitter
or has an account (shocking, I know) but they may have a Github account or
consider browsing through an author's profile.

And why stop with Github? Let's add Gitlab.
I guess, s long as there's no "explicit" or "stardard" social media |
social coding column team members are free to choose which accounts they'd
like to link, right?

Cheers,
Andres

Java Champion; Groovy Enthusiast
http://andresalmiray.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aalmiray
those who don't.

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 7:18 PM Robert Scholte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I had a chat with Chandra (@CGuntur) regarding exposure of Maven
> committers.
> My experience is that most Maven users just use it, without knowing the
> people behind and (yes, people, not a company). Twitter has been a good way
> to share information regarding Maven.
> To get more attention, I've added a twitter-property to my profile in the
> maven parent pom.
> After triggering the website the team-list[1] has been expanded with a
> properties-column.
> Not the nicest look and feel, but having my twitter handle here is more
> important to me.
>

> I could add all known twitter handles, but I leave it up to every
> committer to add this property as well.
> Simply update your profile in the maven-parent if you want.
>
> thanks,
> Robert
>
> [1] https://maven.apache.org/team.html
>
> [2] https://github.com/apache/maven-parent/blob/master/pom.xml

Re: Twitter handles of committers

rfscholte
Sure we could do that too.
Would be nice to improve the team pages for well known properties, but at the moment there's a vote on the maven-project-info-reports-plugin.
Maybe an up-for-grabs to include with the next release.

Robert

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 7:18 PM Robert Scholte wrote:

> I had a chat with Chandra (@CGuntur) regarding exposure of Maven
> committers.
> My experience is that most Maven users just use it, without knowing the
> people behind and (yes, people, not a company). Twitter has been a good way
> to share information regarding Maven.
> To get more attention, I've added a twitter-property to my profile in the
> maven parent pom.
> After triggering the website the team-list[1] has been expanded with a
> properties-column.
> Not the nicest look and feel, but having my twitter handle here is more
> important to me.
>

> I could add all known twitter handles, but I leave it up to every
> committer to add this property as well.
> Simply update your profile in the maven-parent if you want.
>
> thanks,
> Robert
>
> [1] https://maven.apache.org/team.html
>
> [2] https://github.com/apache/maven-parent/blob/master/pom.xml

Re: Twitter handles of committers

Andres Almiray
Maarten,

I don't think these social accounts have anything to do with mirrors of
Apache on a particular service, rather to increase visibility on the
developers themselves.

What if I wanted to link to my Linkedin or Patreon profiles? Personal blog?
Would that we allowed?
What would be the limits?