There is a branch SUREFIRE-1491 waiting for pushing to master. It is open
for everybody who want to check it:
Here is the Jenkins build link
On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 4:24 AM, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 1 March 2018 at 12:55, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Olivier,
> > Please do not make it yet - I am in progress with fixing.
> > I am still running several branches on Jenkins. The Jira issues in 2.21.0
> > match branch name, as for instance today's SUREFIRE-1491.
> > After 1491 the next ones will be cosmetic changes - quite fast to do.
> > I would like to start the vote in the weekend. So we have been working
> > Robert Scholte and me quite a lot on this release, please let us finish
> I don't mind doing myself the release. I don't have any need neither pay
> any attention of of having my name attached to a release!!
> I just want to get this done ASAP. As a user (a non friendly one in this
> case :-) ) I'm very disappointed to not be able to test my projects with
> So I'm simply rocking the boat to get this done!
> So if you prefer doing the release by yourself please do it!
> > Then 3.0.0-M1 would be yours, Olivier and most probably everybody would
> > appreciate new API and Java 1.7 including me.
> > In the next release 3.0.0-M1 we can cherrypick and squash commits from
> > existing branch 3.0-rc1 together and you Olivier can make a release.
> > The JUnit Users would expect release of our new provider asap, so we have
> > to cherrypick and squash commits from branch junit5 in Version 3.0.0-M2
> > add a statement to documentation saying that JUnit5 has incomplete
> > feature-matrix against JUnit47 and we call it experimental provider
> > we do not have all feature ITs covered.
> > Both (3.0-API and JUnit5) are actually very urgent, so they should follow
> > right after current Version 2.21.0.
> Sure so we don't have to delay 2.21.0
> > Why M1, M2, etc, because we with Kristian and Andreas wanted to change
> > system properties of config params to something like surefire.* and
> > failsafe.* and include interfaces to some config params with
> > "implements=..." which would customize the plugins without asking us to
> > in ASF. Some prototype was done but it did not go with "implements=...".
> > Additionally, we have to release 3.0.0-M3 with reworked communication
> > between processes (maven -> surefire) because the execution hangs with
> > pipes and I found a bug in JDK in maven-shared-utils. We have some
> > prototype with sockets but pipes must stay as an config alternative. This
> > includes changes in the data format sent over pipes and sockets which is
> > my PC and not in any public branch. With this fix we will close all known
> > critical Jiras.
> > I could not do it earlier, sorry. There's been a quite a lot of
> > requirements so far from Users and us ASF.
> > Cheers
> > Tibor
> > On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 12:14 AM, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > Any objections to cut a release?
> > > If not, I can do this early next week
> > > Cheers
> > > --
> > > Olivier Lamy
> > > http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy
> > >
> Olivier Lamy
> http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|