Re: Second MRESOLVER-123

michaelo
Am 2020-07-11 um 15:52 schrieb Elliotte Rusty Harold:
> I don't think we can safely or should assume devs use private repo
> managers, or that those that do improve performance.

Why not? This is actually what we are recommending in tickets, SO and
our website.

> Instead of locking, would it be possible to implement some sort of
> queue system for artifact downloads or use asynchronous futures?

Everything is possible as long as someone implements it. The queue would
lock until the artifact has been consumed. What difference would that
make? The artifact download is already async in terms of that parallel
threads with tasks are spawned.

I do not intend to put anymore to time to something more sophisticated
like a queue for now, I did already invest a lot. This issue has plagued
many users.

I am open to new issues until someone can implement them in time.

Michael