Re: [SUREFIRE] maven-metadata.xml does not point to latest snapshot

Re: [SUREFIRE] maven-metadata.xml does not point to latest snapshot

Enrico Olivelli
In maven coordinates 3.0.0 is different from 3.0.0-M4 (you already knew),
so they can coexist.

How are you referring to surefire in your project?

Btw I will check and try to deploy current master

Enrico

Il giorno lun 11 feb 2019, 14:59 Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I just realized that the maven-metadata.xml for Surefire in the snapshot
> repository [1] does not point to the latest Surefire snapshot. It says that
> 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT is the latest version but 3.0.0-M4-SNAPSHOT is actually the
> latest available snapshot. Is it possible to correct this?
>
> Thanks,
> Benedikt
>
> [1]
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/maven-metadata.xml

Re: [SUREFIRE] maven-metadata.xml does not point to latest snapshot

Benedikt Ritter
Hello,

Am Di., 12. Feb. 2019 um 08:39 Uhr schrieb Benedikt Ritter <
[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> Am Mo., 11. Feb. 2019 um 18:39 Uhr schrieb Enrico Olivelli <
> [hidden email]>:
>
>> In maven coordinates 3.0.0 is different from 3.0.0-M4 (you already knew),
>> so they can coexist.
>>

> Yes, but the question is, what is latest available snapshot? The
> 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT has been deployed sometime last June.
>

>> How are you referring to surefire in your project?
>>

> We have some end to end tests that determine the latest snapshots of some
> plugins so we can run tests against them. We do this by analyzing the
> maven-metadata.xml so we don't have to hard code all the versions.
>

>> Btw I will check and try to deploy current master
>>

> I checked, it didn't help. Maybe the master branch should have
> 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT as version and only be updated to a milestone version for a
> milestone release.

the problem is still present. I suspect maven can not deal with milestone
snapshot version. My suggestion is to change the version on the master
branch to 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT and create milestone releases without having an
explicit milestone snapshot first. This would fix the metadata in that the
latest version would again be the latest deployment from the master branch.

Regards,
Benedikt