Re: [SUMMARY] 3 ITs permanently fail on Linux / Maven Core

Re: [SUMMARY] 3 ITs permanently fail on Linux / Maven Core

rfscholte
On Sun, 04 Aug 2019 13:06:31 +0200, Elliotte Rusty Harold
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> This investigation and resolution of this mystery has been quite
> informative. I suspect there are general principles and lessons here
> about separating infrastructure for different projects that extend
> well beyond Maven itself and probably beyond Jenkins. Containers might
> play a role.

Using containers will isolate some issues, but I prefer to test Maven as
it is used by its users. Even though I don't have the numbers, I still
think most use it directly on the OS. The usage of Maven inside a
container is probably increasing, so it does make sense if such a setup is
possible with the infra of the ASF.

> Perhaps someone would be interested in more formally publishing a full
> writeup somewhere? Or perhaps delivering a lightning talk on this at
> ApacheCon? This feels quite valuable for general DevOps.

This is indeed an interesting topic where one must understand how all the
tools work, especially in a shared environment.
AFAIK all Maven related proposals were rejected for ApacheCon Europe.

Robert