Re: Rollback failed release

olamy
Hi,
You will not be able to rewrite the history. The option may have been
disabled by INFRA.
a commit reverting the old commit is better and it's probably better to
keep the history of this as well

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 at 06:16, Elliotte Rusty Harold <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I cancelled a planned release of the maven-dependency-plugin before it
> got to a vote but after it had been pushed to Github. (discovered a
> couple of issues I want to fix first)
>
> I dropped the bundle from Nexus. Now I need to revert the last couple
> of commits and remove the tag. They're about three different ways to
> do this in git, e.g. throwing away the last couple of commits or
> creating a new commit that undoes the effects of the old commits but
> does not remove them from the history. Anyone happen to know what's
> preferred in this scenario? Thanks.
>
> --
> Elliotte Rusty Harold

Olivier Lamy

Re: Rollback failed release

Michael Osipov-3
This is not the approach we do. What you have is a burned release and it stays unmodified in the repository. We do not rewrite history on master and tags. The single source of truth is source-release.zip which is not available on dist, so everything is good.

So fix your bugs and start a new release n+1. That's it. Don't forget to assign the issues in JIRA to the new release too. So you basically retain n+1 fix versions, just like a did for Resolver with two failed releases.