Re: Release maven anton plugin...sorry

Elliotte Rusty Harold
Are there up to date instructions for releasing a Maven plugin
somewhere? If so, I could probably do this. I see
https://maven.apache.org/developers/release/index.html but that covers
core and the parent POM, not plugins like antrun.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold

Re: Release maven anton plugin...sorry

Enrico Olivelli
Il Dom 5 Apr 2020, 19:16 Elliotte Rusty Harold <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Are there up to date instructions for releasing a Maven plugin
> somewhere? If so, I could probably do this. I see
> https://maven.apache.org/developers/release/index.html but that covers
> core and the parent POM, not plugins like antrun.

Just follow the 'common' procedure.
I will be happy to help you on slack tomorrow (my timezone, Europe/Rome)

Start by checking jenkins and performing its locally.

You also need a gpg private key for your apache.org address.
You should have this key signed by another Apache committer (not strictly
from Maven project)

Then the procedure will be quite simple

Thanks
Enrico

> On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 12:44 PM Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi guys
> > I am sorry but I am not finding time for a release of maven antrun
> plugin.
> >
> > It has been a long awaited release
> >
> > Does any committer have cycles?
> >
> > Enrico
>

> --
> Elliotte Rusty Harold

Re: Release maven anton plugin...sorry

Vladimir Sitnikov
Enrico>signed by another Apache committer (not strictly from Maven project)

AFAIK that is not required:
https://infra.apache.org/release-distribution.html#sigs-and-sums
The key must be in Maven's KEYS file though.

Vladimir

Re: Release maven anton plugin...sorry

Elliotte Rusty Harold
I added my public key into the account with the Apache account
utility. This is the same public key for [hidden email]  I'm
already using to deploy other projects to Sonatype OSS.

According to https://people.apache.org/keys/ I gather this might take
about 24 hours to sync, but the rest of the process seems like it
should be automatic.  Does that sound right?

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold

Re: Release maven anton plugin...sorry

Enrico Olivelli
Il Lun 6 Apr 2020, 16:17 Elliotte Rusty Harold <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> I added my public key into the account with the Apache account
> utility. This is the same public key for [hidden email]  I'm
> already using to deploy other projects to Sonatype OSS.
>
> According to https://people.apache.org/keys/ I gather this might take
> about 24 hours to sync, but the rest of the process seems like it
> should be automatic.  Does that sound right?

Personally I think you should use your apache.org address. Btw this is up
to the PMCs

After this step you will use the maven release plugin as written in the
guide.
It is almost fully automated the only nasty part is to deploy the staging
website but, again, this is automated as well

Enrico