Re: Redesign website

Paul Hammant
I would move to plain markdown in git with one of Hugo or Hexo as the
static site generators, if I were the decider for this (I am not of course).

https://trunkbaseddevelopment.com is Hugo (Go-based) and took me about a
month from start to launch, and after/before regular work. I've another in
Hexo (Node-based) but it's far from ready to share yet. Jekyll is too slow
these days.

The absolute thing *you must have* is an edit-this-page link for each page,
and these days that doesn't mean a wiki, it means a link to the VCS's
edit-a-resource UI. For example, the bottom of
https://trunkbaseddevelopment.com/branch-for-release/ has a Contribute to
this page
<https://github.com/paul-hammant/tbd/edit/master/content/branch-for-release/index.md>
link
that you can harmless click right now to see where that ends up :)

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Anton Tanasenko <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> What happened to the last attempt and the shotgun owl? :-D
>
> On Fri, 21 Jul 2017, 18:22 Robert Scholte, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to start an attempt to redesign our website.
> > At ApacheCon Europe Hervé and I got in touch with Open Source Design[1].
> > Any objections to contact them and to see if we can help each other?
> > Or are there other suggestions?
> >
> > thanks,
> > Robert
> >
> > [1] http://opensourcedesign.net

Re: Redesign website

Hervé BOUTEMY
this contest is not completely stopped.
But while working on it, we got some feedback that only a new design would not
give sufficient improvement: content has to be organized, and also navigation
That's the idea behind my work on the menu.
And I created DOXIASITETOOLS-188 [1] to add the navigation in the breadcrumbs:
if someone wants to work on it
There is also DOXIA-569 [2], to migrate APT source to Markdown

Perhaps there are other features that would improve generated html, before
creating a new skin with a new design: did you find missing feature?

And of course there is INFRA-16088 to build site with Jenkins, that will
prepare migration of sire source to Git: then the edit button will really
permit PR preparation that are easy to merge and deploy site

Maven website redesign is a work in progress: the look is IMHO not the first
step to do, that was a conclusion of the first try

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOXIASITETOOLS-188

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOXIA-569