Re: [RESULT] Re: Please retweet and vote

Re: [RESULT] Re: Please retweet and vote

Tibor Digana
Hi All,

Are we facing new API regarding networking and security useful in Java 8?

When I first saw these options I asked myself what benefit would have the
User and Jenkins from Java 8.
And second question was whether we would be so flexible to rewrite the code
and use Lambda fully anywhere in the code.
So I kept Java 7 for Maven 3.6 which does not mean that Maven 4 or 5 would
not change this.
Regarding security everybody can use JDK 8 with old Maven but different
story would be enhancements in Networking API.

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Robert Scholte <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> So what would be the conclusion?
>
> 35% want to keep Java7 as JRE for Maven for a shorter or longer period?
>
> IMHO that's a lot
>
> Robert
>
> On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 11:55:20 +0200, Stephen Connolly <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> So poll results:
>>
>> 493 votes cast
>>
>> 25% want Java 7,8&9 for Maven 3.6.x
>> 65% want Java 8&9 for Maven 3.6.x
>> 10% want Java 8&9 for Maven 3.6.x and 6 months of backporting to 3.5.x
>>
>> On Sat 9 Sep 2017 at 11:50, Stephen Connolly <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> https://twitter.com/asfmavenproject/status/906451059966693376
>>> --
>>> Sent from my phone

Re: [RESULT] Re: Please retweet and vote

Tibor Digana
Robert,

>>And if we're focusing on the latter, shouldn't the twitter question be

Good remark! I am not against such question on Twitter but I would be
interested in one more in comparison to Gradle.

*What the Maven should improve to make Maven more attractive against
Gradle?*

Because I don't think that question about using Java 8 in Maven beats more
that the question with Gradle.

I know the PMC's answer to Gradle and I am totally with you! I don't use
Gradle and never will but the users always like to try some new.