Re: Process maven mdo files via ModelloCLI

Re: Process maven mdo files via ModelloCLI

William L. Thomson Jr.
On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:41:14 -0400
"William L. Thomson Jr." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have been working on packaging and building Maven from source on
> Gentoo. Without using Maven, just straight javac, etc.  It is looking
> like I cannot do this without using pre-generated sources on Maven
> Central. I am having issues with ModelloCLI loading plugins.
> https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/modello/issues/15

> Even more interesting, seems to be a chicken/egg situation with parts
> of Plexus. Which also has mdo files.
> https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-containers/tree/plexus-containers-1.x/plexus-container-default/src/main/mdo

Working on actually making my maven packages usable per user
interest.[1][2] I think I may have a clue as to my longtime issue with
ModelloCli. The plexus situation is a mess!

Beyond the Sonatype repos that were forked into codehause-plexus. I
discovered that Maven itself wants eclipse sisu.plexus[3] NOT
plexus-container-default[4]. Which are basically the same package.
Though the sisu.plexus one is a bit different, and is the one Maven
itself uses. I need to swap some stuff out for Modello and see if that
fixes my issue with ModelloCli, so I can generate java from .mdo files.

There is a similar situation with eclipse-aether[5] and
maven-resolver[6]. But that is more Maven specific, as Modello only
uses Plexus not Aether.

Funny enough I started out packaging Maven for Gradle. I am making
more progress with Maven cli mvn [1] than I am with Gradle's cli :)

Maven from source on Gentoo has been voodoo for years till 2018!!!

1. https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/os-xtoo/issues/54
2. https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/os-xtoo/issues/56
3. https://github.com/eclipse/sisu.plexus/tree/master/org.eclipse.sisu.plexus
4. https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-containers/tree/master/plexus-container-default
5. https://github.com/eclipse/aether-core
6. https://github.com/apache/maven-resolver

--
William L. Thomson Jr.

Re: Process maven mdo files via ModelloCLI

William L. Thomson Jr.
Regarding the following message below. What ever is causing the

java.util.NoSuchElementException

Is not only effecting Modello. It is my present blocker to Maven
itself. mvn command errors with similar output

[ERROR] Error executing Maven.
[ERROR] java.util.NoSuchElementException
      role: org.apache.maven.eventspy.internal.EventSpyDispatcher
  roleHint:
[ERROR] Caused by: null
https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/os-xtoo/issues/54

Fixing it for either, should for the other. Slowly making progress!

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 15:32:54 -0400

--
William L. Thomson Jr.