Re: Problem to download dependency on Ubuntu

Re: Problem to download dependency on Ubuntu

Nick_S
Did you also configure your proxy in the settings.xml? [1]

Hth,

Nick

[1] https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html

Nick Stolwijk

~~~ Try to leave this world a little better than you found it and, when
your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any rate you
have not wasted your time but have done your best ~~~

Lord Baden-Powell

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:22 PM, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> My command *mvn clean* is not able to download a new artifact
> *org.arquillian.universe:arquillian-junit:pom*
> however it exists on Maven Central.
>
> I run the command on Ubuntu Konsole, and nothing is downloaded.
> When I run wget [1] from the same Konsole, the POM is downloaded.
>
> The settings.xml is not a problem, I checked. There is a mirror of central
> and URL of Nexus in company.
>
> Is there any native difference between wget and mvn/Java on Ubuntu so that
> the remote mavenrepo may not be reached?
> I did setup of /etc/environment, /etc/network/interface, ~/.profile due to
> proxy, DNS, http_no_proxy, etc. but nothing helps.
>
> Any hint would be helpful here.
> MAVEN and JAVA_OPTS is not set.
>
> [1]: wget
> http://mavenrepo.ads.local/nexus/content/groups/public/
> org/arquillian/arquillian-universe/1.1.13.7/arquillian-
> universe-1.1.13.7.pom
>
> Thx
> Tibor

Re: Problem to download dependency on Ubuntu

Tibor Digana
>>From "Failed to create parent directories"...

It is multi-module project but it does not have any parent POM. It is fully
isolated project - Microservice.

>>Local repo directory ownership/permissions?
All is done in my user home.
cd ~
git clone ...
cd ...