Re: Prepared Maven 3.5.3 Release Notes

On 24/02/18 22:02, Gary Gregory wrote:

>     Andrew Kennedy
>
> Improvements:
>
>     - MNG-6340 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6340> reporter:
>     Tony Guan
>     - MNG-6306 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6306> reporter:
>     Andy Wilkinson
>     - MNG-5992 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5992> reporter:
>     Ryan J. McDonough
>
> I need to see the ticket DESCRIPTION. I do not care about the AUTHOR.

Sorry but I do care about the authors of the tickets, cause it shows
their interest in helping making Maven better and contributing to Maven
and I will honor those people at least with mentioning them in the
Release Notes.

This is the foundation of an open source project or in other words the
community we have here.

I have a complete different opinion about that in particular in my Role
as a Apache Maven PMC

Sorry to say that in a very clear and maybe a little harsh way sorry if
you grasp it that way.

Apart from that I have added detailed descriptions about the changes
which have been made and what they mean. Furthermore you will find a
list of the tickets also and of course a link to the JIRA.

If you have supplementals/enhancements/fixes or improvements for example
the descriptions please feel free to add PR's or open at least issues on
the git repository or make suggestions here on the mailing list...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Apache Maven PMC

> Thank you,
> Gary
>
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 1:47 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> I have prepared Maven 3.5.3 Release notes.
>>
>> You can take a look here:
>>
>> https://github.com/khmarbaise/maven-release-notes/blob/maste
>> r/content/markdown/docs/3.5.3/release-notes.md
>>
>> If you have improvements/ideas/supplementals etc. don't hesitate to
>> contact me or make a PR...
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Prepared Maven 3.5.3 Release Notes

stephenconnolly
On Sat 24 Feb 2018 at 21:02, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thank you for preparing a release.

Well I managed to consolidate some of the steps for this one... I think it
will be nearer 20-25 steps, down from 30

I’m still hoping to get to a more automated solution (modulo we need a
release vote)

NOTE: this is not the final release notes, rather a draft... and until the
vote completes there is no release.

> As a user, this is useless:

The Maven project *really* wants to express. as our most important thing
about any release, the debt of gratitude we owe to any non-committer who
contributes in any way to the release.

If we included the issue description in this section, people would focus on
the description and not the values contributors.

Perhaps we could start this section with a sentence to this effect, eg

“We really value the contributions of these non committers, so this section
is focused on those individuals. Descriptions of the issues fixed can be
found at the end of these release notes”

> Bugs:
>
>    - MNG-6323 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6323> reporter:
>    Ben Caradoc-Davies
>    - MNG-6320 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6320> reporter:
>    Eugene Pliskin
>    - MNG-6300 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6300> reporter:
>    Andreas Kurth
>    - MNG-6298 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6298> reporter:
>    Ryan Heaton
>    - MNG-6296 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6296> reporter:
>    Robin Müller
>    - MNG-6282 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6282> reporter:
>    Dejan Stojadinović
>    - MNG-6255 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6255> reporter:
>    Andrew Kennedy
>
> Improvements:
>
>    - MNG-6340 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6340> reporter:
>    Tony Guan
>    - MNG-6306 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6306> reporter:
>    Andy Wilkinson
>    - MNG-5992 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5992> reporter:
>    Ryan J. McDonough
>
> I need to see the ticket DESCRIPTION. I do not care about the AUTHOR.
>
> Thank you,
> Gary
>
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 1:47 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > I have prepared Maven 3.5.3 Release notes.
> >
> > You can take a look here:
> >
> > https://github.com/khmarbaise/maven-release-notes/blob/maste
> > r/content/markdown/docs/3.5.3/release-notes.md
> >
> > If you have improvements/ideas/supplementals etc. don't hesitate to
> > contact me or make a PR...
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Karl Heinz Marbaise

Sent from my phone