Re: Plan to enable developers to consume maven-core without CVE

Re: Plan to enable developers to consume maven-core without CVE

Robert Scholte-8
We could consider to do  Maven APIs/SPIs for Maven 5, not earlier. Maven 4 is already hard enough to reach release ready status, so let's not increase the scope.
It will require a complete new set of interfaces in their own packages, which would also help with the split package issue of the java module system.
The challenge would be to define which classes and components we consider internal, and which one should be exposed via an API or SPI.

Robert

On 15-2-2021 18:27:09, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everybody,

As of today if you depend on maven-core 3.6.3 you get CVE warning until you
force in your project another guava version.
Do we have any plan to make it hurtless?
Is it related to make a plugin oriented (public) API dependency?

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau | Blog
| Old Blog
| Github |