Re: Plan for releasing Maven core

adangel
Since yesterday, m-pmd-p 3.9.0 is available - however, this includes a
major upgrade of PMD to 6.0.1. While all custom rulesets keep working,
the users will see a couple of deprecation warnings (the rules have been
reorganized).

I'd recommend to upgrade m-pmd-p from 3.7 -> 3.8 only.

Regards,

Andreas

Am 30.01.2018 um 07:29 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:

> there are 2 additional plugins updates available:
> [INFO]   maven-checkstyle-plugin ............................. 2.17 -> 3.0.0
> [INFO]   maven-pmd-plugin ....................................... 3.7 -> 3.8
>
> do we upgrade or not? and is this only changing the version, or does it
> require more config (IIRC, m-checkstyle-p has some big changes in 3.0.0)
>
> This is the last question before Maven Parent 31 release
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le dimanche 28 janvier 2018, 10:46:06 CET Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
>> one little additional opportunity:
>> I'll launch maven-parent POM 31 soon, so perhaps update parents before
>> releases. If not, please tell me and I'll upgrade Fuido skin to version 1.7
>> with the edit button
>>
>> BTW, if anybody wants to see something in Maven parent POM 31, it's time to
>> do it
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hervé
>>
>> Le samedi 27 janvier 2018, 18:52:17 CET Stephen Connolly a écrit :
>>> Robert and I discussed on IRC...
>>>
>>> Our plan is as follows:
>>>
>>> 1. Fix https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRESOLVER-38
>>> 2. Check status on git-wip to gitbox migration, if maven-resolver will be
>>> migrated during the vote, we will hold off releasing until after the
>>> migration (so that the release artifacts point to the gitbox location)
>>> 3. Release maven resolver
>>> 4. Upgrade Maven core
>>> 5. Check status on git-wip to gitbox migration for maven-core and
>>> maven-integration tests
>>> 6. Release.
>>>
>>> I will be release manager for maven core, Robert will be release manager
>>> for resolver.
>>>
>>> Share and enjoy
>>>
>>> -Stephen

Re: Plan for releasing Maven core

Hervé BOUTEMY
thank you Andreas: this was exactly the type of feedback I needed

upgrade done: now need to have a look at maven-checkstyle-plugin

I also added Twitter and Facebook buttons to the G+ as test: you can see the
result on the LATEST page [1]
feedback welcome: keep or remove some from parent POM?

[1] http://maven.apache.org/pom-archives/maven-LATEST/

Le mardi 30 janvier 2018, 09:16:55 CET Andreas Dangel a écrit :

> Since yesterday, m-pmd-p 3.9.0 is available - however, this includes a
> major upgrade of PMD to 6.0.1. While all custom rulesets keep working,
> the users will see a couple of deprecation warnings (the rules have been
> reorganized).
>
> I'd recommend to upgrade m-pmd-p from 3.7 -> 3.8 only.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andreas
>
> Am 30.01.2018 um 07:29 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:
> > there are 2 additional plugins updates available:
> > [INFO]   maven-checkstyle-plugin ............................. 2.17 ->
> > 3.0.0 [INFO]   maven-pmd-plugin .......................................
> > 3.7 -> 3.8
> >
> > do we upgrade or not? and is this only changing the version, or does it
> > require more config (IIRC, m-checkstyle-p has some big changes in 3.0.0)
> >
> > This is the last question before Maven Parent 31 release
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >
> > Le dimanche 28 janvier 2018, 10:46:06 CET Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
> >> one little additional opportunity:
> >> I'll launch maven-parent POM 31 soon, so perhaps update parents before
> >> releases. If not, please tell me and I'll upgrade Fuido skin to version
> >> 1.7
> >> with the edit button
> >>
> >> BTW, if anybody wants to see something in Maven parent POM 31, it's time
> >> do it
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Hervé

Re: Plan for releasing Maven core

Hervé BOUTEMY
thank you Sylwester
I'm busy on many things in parallel (preparing Maven meeting at FOSDEM):
having a PR to review and merge would help me a lot, please

BTW: if someone will at FOSDEM (Brussels) this WE and wants to meet us,
discuss ideas that are not so easy to discuss from scratch on a mailing list,
ping us. F2F meetings are useful to start great contributions, before coming
back to normal remote discussions and team work

Le mercredi 31 janvier 2018, 07:20:26 CET Sylwester Lachiewicz a écrit :

> Hi Heve,
>
> for checkstyle plugin you must apply also configuration change - this was
> described in release note for the plugin.
> I’ve tested this change for maven build and works good.
>
> Sylwester
>
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 at 08:06, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > thank you Andreas: this was exactly the type of feedback I needed
> >
> > upgrade done: now need to have a look at maven-checkstyle-plugin
> >
> > I also added Twitter and Facebook buttons to the G+ as test: you can see
> > the
> > result on the LATEST page [1]
> > feedback welcome: keep or remove some from parent POM?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hervé
> >
> > [1] http://maven.apache.org/pom-archives/maven-LATEST/
> >
> > Le mardi 30 janvier 2018, 09:16:55 CET Andreas Dangel a écrit :
> > > Since yesterday, m-pmd-p 3.9.0 is available - however, this includes a
> > > major upgrade of PMD to 6.0.1. While all custom rulesets keep working,
> > > the users will see a couple of deprecation warnings (the rules have been
> > > reorganized).
> > >
> > > I'd recommend to upgrade m-pmd-p from 3.7 -> 3.8 only.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Andreas

> > 3.0.0)

> > version

> > time

> > will

> > location)

> > manager

Re: Plan for releasing Maven core

done

Le mercredi 31 janvier 2018, 21:11:25 CET Robert Scholte a écrit :

> Agree, Twitter is sufficient
>
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 19:03:21 +0100, Manfred Moser
>
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > As a team we are not actively maintaining a presence on Facebook or G+
> > as far as I know so I vote for removing them...
> >
> > Manfred
> >
> > Hervé BOUTEMY wrote on 2018-01-31 09:40:
> >> I must confess that I don't understand G+ nor Facebook buttons result
> >>
> >> any reason not to remove them?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Hervé

Re: Plan for releasing Maven core

Sylwester Lachiewicz
hi Herve,

i’ve verifiedy checkstyle plugin configuration and you can just update
version number.

All required changes to configuration was already commited to 31-SNAPSHOT
with a fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPOM-162

Sylwester